“The Best without Doubt!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast
You added Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
5335 Roche Harbor Road, between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor, Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA 98250   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Friday Harbor B&B and Inns
Los Altos, California
“The Best without Doubt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I spent a restful three days at the inn during our trip to the Pacific Northwest in August and September. After much research we decided on the Wildwood Manor. We have stayed in many B&B's, primarily in New England, but also in the Calfornia Wine Country. Wildwood Manor is #1 in our book.

I was lucky enough to book the Orca's Suite, which is off of the central room in the house. Wonderful touches in the room including a great firm bed, private deck off the bedroom with a water feature and a view of the straits. The bathroom had an open shower and a stand alone tub (which I used every night during our visit). If you get the chance book this suite!

Other reviews have commented on Michael's hospitality and I second all of those comments. He is simply fantastic making everyone feel at home. Coffee is available beginning at 7 and homemade cookies are available in the PM. Every morning I would patter out to the central room to grab a cup of coffee before breakfast. Movies and books are available for those that prefer a relax day at the inn. If your internal clock does not unwind completely, you are not able to relax and should stay a few more days. This place removes stress immediately. Breakfasts are innovative, healthy and sufficient. No need for lunch. Every morning Michael feeds a small herd (12 or so) of deer that come to the lawn outside the house. My wife joined him in feeding them. After breakfast they moved into the adjoining woods only to return the following morning. For those of us who encounter deer only infrequently, it was a joy to see how they interacted as a small herd. Bucks, Does and Fawns included.

Wildwood is the standard by which we will be judging B&B's going forward. Do not deprive yourself of the experience. Great restaurants nearby and Michael can provide insights into all there is to see and do. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: The windows in the Orca Suite provide great views of the deer waiting on the lawn for breakfast in t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

When reviewing and researching information on the web for a vacation to the San Juan Islands, the Wildwood Manor continued to attract my attention. Because of the reviews, I decided that this was the place where we would stay while visiting. I had not been given any recommendations by family or friends and I just kept returning to the trip advisor reviews, It exceeded any expectations I had of a Bed and Breakfast Michael and John made this the vacation of a lifetime. Their B&B is gorgeous, the view is fabulous and they will not be outdone. Michael and John are keenly aware of their customers needs. The daily breakfast is out of this world, (they even review food allergies on your arrival) It was a tough decision to leave the island on the early morning ferry knowing that I would miss this unbelievable feast. The dining room was set up so that you could choose to eat alone at a table for 2 or as a group. Everyone seemed to migrate the group dining and we met such wonderful and interesting people from all over the US. Michael made all of our dinner reservations for the week after a discussion of the type of food/atmosphere that we preferred. The home and the yards are so comfortable and amazingly beautiful. The attention to detail is evident from the decoration, outdoor landscaping, afternoon fresh cookies to the beautiful and amazingly comfortable suite that we retired to every evening. So, we went on a trip to the San Juan islands and the Wildwood Manor was a huge part of what made the trip relaxing, enjoyable and memorable. I look forward to the day that i can return to Wildwood Manor and I cannot imagine finding a more perfect place to call home while visiting the San Juan Islands. I am sure anyone reading this will enjoy their visit as much as we did.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Varna, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

While the location, food and amenities are all top shelf, it is Michael's genuinely gracious hospitality that truly makes Wildwood stand out as the top B&B on Friday From the moment Michael greeted us....it was clear his mission was to insure we had a memorable experience not only at Wildwood, but every place else as well. Thanks in large part to his excellent recommendations and advice, we thoroughly enjoyed our entire visit and look forward to returning sometime in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A great time was had by on this sister's getaway to Friday Harbor. We each had our own room, all of which were lovely. Each decorated & appointed beautifully & immaculate which much attention given to detail. There were three of us visiting. Michael gave us great information with options of what to do, where to shop, restaurant reservations, nature walks, etc. He also provided us with a delicious breakfast each morning. Staying up late at night & playing cards in the dining room, drinking wine & enjoying our being together was a wonderful way to celebrate one sister's birthday. Please note Michael helped us set up many surprise events during our short stay including birthday cakes, prepaid dinners, prepaid room, gifts & cards. There was always a surprise around the corner. Great place, amazing proprietors! Would definitely go back & visit the deer in the yard. This is a lovely respite indeed. I know we did not even touch the surface.

Room Tip: all the rooms were lovely & light.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing two night stay at this lovely B&B tucked away in the woods. The entrance roadway sets the tone for a beauty of the surroundings. The view from the outdoor patio of one the neighboring islands was enchanting. Michael provided excellent suggestions for activities during the day and restaurants in the evening. The breakfasts in the morning were delicious. Loved seeing the deer on the property and the cat, Goldie, wandering in and out of the house.

Fair Lawn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family recently spent a long weekend at Wildwood Manor in celebration of a special family birthday. Having gone to this bed and breakfast five years ago, this experience felt like a return to our home away from home. My wife and I are veteran B&B goers all over the country and we can truly say that Wildwood provides the ultimate Bed and Breakfast experience.

In addition to the bucolic setting a mere five miles from Friday Harbor, Wildwood's owners, Michael and John, are consummate professionals who make you feel special each and every minute of your stay. The rooms are all beautifully appointed reflecting the exquisite taste of the owners.

Breakfasts are gourmet in content, classy in presentation and plentiful enough to last you until dinnertime. And don't forget to get up early to see the feeding of the deer- you won't believe your eyes!

A new addition to Wildwood is the magnificent Orcas Suite where my wife and I were fortunate to spend the weekend. A true suite with a separate living room, an unbelievable bathroom featuring a free-standing soaking tub, a shower wall and a separate water closet, the suite also has a private veranda from which you can enjoy unbelievable views of the countryside and water.

A special thank you to Michael whose ongoing communication with me made my wife's "surprise" celebration so special for the entire family.

I haven't even mentioned Friday Harbor and the other San Juan Islands- a unique vacation spot unlike any other in the country.

What more can I say?- make your reservations right now- we know we will be returning as often as we can- in case you haven't noticed, this is a rave review!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

6 of us stayed at this charming B. & B. while on San Juan Island last week & it was the most wonderful and memorable B. & B. my husband & I have ever experienced! Michael, the host & owner, was friendly & helpful with sightseeing info. He knew just the right balance of chatting with us and allowing us much time to ourselves. The property is in a secluded setting and has gorgeous views and a family of deer that comes to be fed daily which is quite entertaining. The interior of the home is beautifully maintained and guests every needs are thought of(hammocks for 2 in the yard, outdoor patio, fantastic breakfasts and snacks, huge video library). We have stayed in several bed & breakfasts over the years but none can match this beautiful experience! When we return to San Juan Island we wouldn't stay anywhere else but Wildwood Manor!

Jody & Pick Scruggs
Oxford, Ms.

Room Tip: Top floor room had best views of water & looking across to Canada.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!