“Tucker House - a Wonderful Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Tucker House - a Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Easily 5 stars for Tucker House! The accommodations were so comfortable and the food was divine. Breakfasts were varied each day but luckily the delicious granola was part of each day's servings. Be sure to make a dinner reservation at Coho Restaurant; the seafood was incredible. The beautiful gardens, helpful staff and great location to shops made this vacation one I want to repeat very soon! Cindy B, Portland, OR

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband & I booked a room at the last minute before jumping on the ferry. Anna Maria gave us the Four Winds room, which was absolutely wonderful. We ended up staying a 2nd night, this time in the Lopez Suite ... even better with great water views and big windows (felt like being in a tree house in a way). I actually prefer having breakfast in our own room, so I would recommend doing that if you're not up for morning chats with the other guests. Breakfast was good ... especially liked the poppy seed pancakes. Wish there was a bit more though ... maybe scrambled eggs in addition would be good. My husband still felt pretty hungry afterwards. The gardens/grounds and the buildings themselves are very well-kept and beautiful. It's a magical B&B and I'd highly recommend! Thanks Anna Maria & Beth for your hospitality.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in Jennie's Cottage. The breakfast was delicious. Thank you Molly. The landscaping was beautiful. Thank you Wenda. There was only a foot of space between the wall and the footboard of the bed. The "stand alone" cottage shares a wall with the property's laundry room. It's very noisy in the late afternoon into early evening. I would return and stay at Goose in the Pond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrison_Innkeeper, Owner at Tucker House Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Sylvia,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write about your stay. We are very fortunate to have Molly and Wenda as part of our team. They are both so good at what they do.
Jennie’s Cottage is one of our cozy units and despite its size, enjoys all the amenities the Inn has to offer, complementary bikes, kayaks and a wonderful breakfast delivered to your door. Guests use the main common deck as an extension of their living space enjoying breakfast or unwinding with a glass of wine or cold beer at the end of the day. Others choose to stay in Jennie’s because of its value pricing figuring they will be out and about enjoying all the island has to offer and just want a clean comfortable place for repose without breaking the bank.
Jennie’s is adjacent to our laundry room. Depending on the day, our room attendants might work as late as 5:30 finishing up the wash and ironing for the next day. When they leave all equipment is turned off for the night.

If you are looking for a cottage more suitable for relaxing and hanging out Goose in the Pond would be a great choice or even Lizzie’s Cottage, right across the deck from Jennie’s. Both are stand-alone units with plenty of privacy.

We appreciate your staying with us and look forward to your return visit to our Inns’ always open door.

With kind regards,

am
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in May. The room exceeded our expectations. It was lovely, comfortable, and well appointed. Much better than the photos on the website appear. The Inn and grounds are beautiful and we were made to feel welcome by our hosts. Thank you so much for your hospitality!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just what I was hoping for when I arrived on the island - very comfortable. My room, the Amethyst, is the smallest evidently and has an awkward sloping room in one part of the room, but was great for one person and was ideal for me. Great facilities available in the house including a well equipped kitchen and laundry facilities (although could do with some more DVDs to play as there were loads of videos!) .

The breakfast there will not be for everyone and I must admit I only went once as I did fancy something a bit more filling. However, I can understand why lots of people rave about it.

Overall loved it there and highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Our room, Castle Wall, was clean and had a small deck. The harbor and town were not visible. The room was clean and the staff was great. The breakfast was superb. They have gluten free bread and made item/ dairy free breakfast entrees. Only problem was the room got very hot during the day (no air conditioning). The nights were nice and cool.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The bed was nice and I loved the tub--but just a few too many rules for my taste. The breakfast was nothing to write home about either. They were a little bossy as well. I like my B&B's a little less interactive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tucker House Inn? Share your experiences!