“oh my goodness!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Spokane Valley, Washington
“oh my goodness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My mouth is still watering!
This place is great. However, be aware that the prices they have listed are on the low side. I don't think there were any entrees for less than $30.00. However, that didn't matter. The food was well worth the price.
Starting with the soup all the way through to dessert, our meal was spectacular. My drink was even spectacular. I had the Lemongrass Drop. It is the best of it's kind I have ever had.
So, make it a point to eat here.
The food and the atmosphere made it all worthwhile.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Bellevue, Washington
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent location and setting, Great food, a must eat when on the island. Food is top notch, but the dress is casual. They are only open Wednesday - Sunday in the summer, but worth the effort.

Visited September 2012
Philomath, Oregon
“Fantastic food, wonderful, creative choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Dinner at Duck Soup Inn was outstanding. The menu choices were creative, fresh, and delicious. The drink menu is also a great deal of fun, and we were impressed from start to finish. The food was quite fresh, cooked to order, and featured seasonal and local offerings. We dined on the porch with heat lamps and loved the atmosphere. Some of our favorites were the crab bisque and the ceviche, yet everything was delicious! I can't wait to return the next time I'm back on the Island. Yum!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, OR
“Pricey??? No way! Worth every penny.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

First of I read the negative reviews before posting this as I could not understand what negative comments could be made about this place. I'll start with price first because that is what most complaints are about. Where are you people eating???? We just spent 2w in Canada and spent $100-200 every night for dinner which was mediocre and uninspired (except the beef, Canadian/alberta beef is wonderful). We ordered 3 appetizers, plus the great house made bread and soups/salads that come with entree, 2 entrees, 2 desserts AND a bottle of wine or a total of $162. I know, we sound like pigs, but we ride lots of mile on vacation on our bikes. Not only that, but we asked the waitress to pick the wine an though some bottles were upwards of $200 ours was only $30 and was fabulous - hestia red. Contrary to the other reviews, we didn't find anyone rude or pushy or hurrying and it was packed for the duration of our 2.5h meal. We are from Portland and have plenty of good food there but this was special, thoughtful food made by a chef who clearly knows what she's doing ( I mean really, roasted dandelion root ice cream??? And it is to die for. Rivals salt & straw in Portland). In fact we loved it so much we made reservations for 2 days later, our last night of vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Still great after many years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We returned here after a 25 year absence, hoping it w old still be good. It was great and we are glad we returned.
On a Sunday night after the peak summer tourist season they were full and we had to settle for an early reservation.
This place is outside town and in an isolated rural location but full before 6 PM.
Reception and service was cordial and as soon as we were seated we were brought fresh bread and some wonderful anchovies spread. Drinks of local spirits were excellent as were reasonably priced local wines.
Calamari appetizer was very special and would have made an excellent choice for a main course.
Entrees include soup and salad so the over $30 price tag is reasonable.
Roasted duck was well prepared, tender and served with nice sides of veggies and fruit. Linguini with shrimp served in puttanesca style sauce was great. I would have preferred some fresh local shrimp with that, but the previously frozen ones were still good quality.
Vanilla bean crime brûlée was a nice conclusion to a perfect dinner experience.
After 40 years in operation, this is still the best restaurant on San Juan Island.