“Budget Bohemian Bedroom But Better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Juniper Lane Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Juniper Lane Guest House
You added Juniper Lane Guest House to your Saves list
1312 Beaverton Valley Rd, Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA 98250   |
Ranked #4 of 18 Friday Harbor B&B and Inns
St. Paul Mn
“Budget Bohemian Bedroom But Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

First off, I managed to get lost on the way to Juniper Lane guesthouse (assumed the strong right curve had to be wrong so decided to turn left up a hill)--my bad. It's a bit outside the town proper so having a car (especially at night) was so good. The guesthouse is cute, whimsical and rustically posh. Definitely a couple steps up from hostels--a good budget find in pricy Friday Harbor.
It would be a wonderful place to stay with a group of friends--several bedrooms full--as the small but fun living room, kitchen, and extensive outdoor seating areas could then be well utilized. I made myself sit on my terrace outside the Mandela Room and soak up some rays one day but was usually gone sightseeing/kayaking. The first night I chatted w. one fellow and w. a woman the morning I left, but we were all pretty much ships passing in the night.
The only thing to be aware of, if you've got a downstairs bedroom, is the creaking overhead from any kind of footsteps--earplugs would've been great for me but people were pretty considerate. I never saw or heard from Juniper but her general notes around the house seemed very upbeat and left a good impression of her management.

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Charming, sparkling-clean guesthouse with four (?) rooms and a separate cabin. The whole place has character: an interior that is decorated beautifully, with tons of exposed wood, funky tile, and art from around the world. I would happily have paid $50 more a night to stay here.

I've got a bad back and worried that the bed would exacerbate it, but the bed was perfect -- not too hard, not too soft. (Goldilocks would have been pleased.) Plus, the window seat in our room really was large enough for a tall adult to stretch out (and sleep) on. Huge bathroom with a porcelain bathtub and a skylight above it.

Only complaint is minor: Though the rooms don't share walls, sound does travel well, and some guests came in late and were loud. Not the guesthouse's fault, though. (Maybe a runner upstairs and more rugs downstairs would help with the noise.)

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Western Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Guest House is the right name for Juniper Lane. The place has just enough of everything to make you feel you're a welcome guest - warm wood construction, comfortable furnishings, meticulously clean inside, good lighting, and everything you need is right where you'd expect it to be.

The house is small enough to seem like a private home, but big enough that guests are not all crowded together. Common areas are available to socialize (if you like), or your room and grounds have places to just sit privately and watch the world go by. There is a modern, well-equipped, eat-in kitchen available for all to use (coffee & tea are provided). We were able to take advantage of the charcoal grill, tables, and chairs, and to enjoy the view of sheep and deer grazing in the acres out back.

We loved the place, and it's a great value (especially for Friday Harbor) ! Juniper is charming. She's created a great setting for self-sufficient travelers that want a nice place to stay and don't want to spend a fortune doing it. We can't wait to get back ...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Juniper is really great and relaxed- the house is wonderfully decorated and well maintained. Clean, comfortable, great views from the back yard, awesome value. I would highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Very cute place with reasonable rates. However, it was very noisy with road traffic and other guest moving about the home. The walls must be very thin. It is also about a 1 1/2 miles from Friday Harbor so it would be best to have a car. But very clean and easy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Kirkland,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

We decided last minute to take the ferry over to Friday Harbor. I e-mailed Juniper and she was quick to respond. We only stayed for one night, but the Juniper Lane Guest House was very clean, cozy, and welcoming. We loved the unique style of the guest house! We stayed in the Green Tea Room, and it was so cute and cozy!! Thank You Juniper... We had a great weekend :)

We would highly recommend this guest house to anyone looking for accommodations in Friday Harbor.

Stayed September 2008
San Clemente, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We just got back from our trip to Friday Harbor and I felt compelled to write about the wonderful experience and most importantly the wonderful guest house. I wasn't sure what to expect and was a little concerned with the review that mentioned it was far from town and it was noisy. Now that I have been there I have to say it was nothing less than perfect! Juniper was available to answer any questions, but gave us all the space we needed to thoroughly enjoy the cozy guest house she lovingly created. We stayed in the Green Tea room and the character and creativity that went in to every element of the home and the room was unbelievable! It encompassed everything I thought a trip to Friday Harbor should be. It is a guest house, so there were other people that we ran in to and heard on occasion, but everyone was respectful and friendly. We did have a car and we were on a tight schedule, so we did use the car, but it was not necesary. The nature on the island was so enjoyable that I wish I had more time to walk. We had dinner at the Duck Soup Inn one night which was by far the best restaurant on the island and we went Kayaking w/ Outdoor Odyssey's (a must). We saw orcas on two different occasions on our trip and learned a ton from our wonderful guides Chris and Johnathan. While on our Kayaking trip I asked one of the other Kayakers what they thought of their hotel ( Elements) and they said they thought it was interesting that they were given ear plugs?? Didn't have too much else to say other than that and when you compare the price to Juniper Lane it is a no brainer! I hope to be back many many more times and I hope others can experience the wonders of this magical place!....on a side note....when we travel we typically stay at high end hotels in the larger cities. We stayed at the Westin in Seattle and had I known I would have been here an extra night instead!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Juniper Lane Guest House? Share your experiences!