“most generous hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kirk House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
The Kirk House Bed & Breakfast
595 Park St., Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA 98250   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Friday Harbor B&B and Inns
seattle
“most generous hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Terrific stay at the Kirk House. Great location, just out of town enough to be quiet and enough in town to be accessible to everything. The house was a lovely old place with historic resonance, with all homey comforts.
But the outstanding part was the owners' commitment to meeting each and every need of their guests. They anticipated all of our needs,
and then some (I wondered, how can they keep this up for all of
their guests?) But they were so gracious and relaxed amidst all the
demands. Really a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Great hosts. Location. Nicely appointed rooms and privacy. One of the highest quality b&B's ever! Breakfasts were huge with numerous choices. Every need of ours was looked after. This would be a great place for a marriage retreat.

• Stayed June 2013
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I had never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before our visit to the Kirk House. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was! Doug and Roxy were the perfect hosts in every way. Roxy went the extra mile to accommodate my vegetarian and gluten-free diet. The food was delicious including Roxy's fresh baked treats every afternoon and Doug's yummy fruit and yogurt parfaits each morning. We will definitely be coming back again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was an extremely pleasant stay. A great place very well maintained with all the details as nice as they could be (coffee, breakfast, fruit snack, garden). The owners are not only perfect hosts, but also very interesting people.

Room Tip: A perfect b&b.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had looked at several Bed & Breakfast's for a stay in Friday Harbor and I decided on Kirk House in the end and it met all my expectations and far far exceeded them. This stay was part of the trip where I proposed to my girlfriend.
I asked for help in getting flowers and balloons for the room (which Roxy picked up and set up and was one of the things that blew my girlfriend away). Doug and Roxy were also very helpful with helping suggest pretty walks and romantic places to eat.
The service while we stayed (and the food) was exceptional, they have a bit set out when you come in and will provide coffee/tea at the door before breakfast if you so desire. The breakfast was very good and filling!
The house and room itself was beautiful, our room had a hammock outside it. I think that it is very well maintained, very clean and a great place to stay.
I've been recommending it to coworkers who may visit the island and I would recommend it to anyone else I know who would stay overnight. It was a great stay and they went above and beyond to make my proposal extra special!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed only one night here during a 16 day trip around the Pacific Northwest and truly wish we could've stayed longer. In fact, we contemplated taking a night away from Seattle to stay another night and probably would have had Kirk House not been fully booked the following night. I've stayed in several B&Bs and this is by far the best I've ever encountered - the Kasmans have thought of EVERYTHING. There is not a single detail that I can think of that would've enhanced the visit more. From placing relevant magazines in the bathrooms - to having local lavender farm soaps and shampoos - to the morning basket of coffee prior to breakast - to the afternoon cake and refreshments - to the library of DVDs...everything was perfect. The architecture of the house is a beautiful craftsman style that the Kasmans have kept up brilliantly.

Upon our early arrival, we were greeted warmly despite the prior night's guests still having breakfast. Doug gave us maps of the area and recommendations for the day's activities. We were even able to come back and drop off items we'd purchased while shopping prior to renting bikes to ride around the island. When we came back after our 30 mile ride, all of our things had been placed in our room, and the wine and cheese we'd bought had been placed in the mini fridge. I've been to 5 star hotels that don't even provide this sort of service! After we returned from dinner, we borrowed a DVD and watched it in our room in a VERY comfortable bed with plush pillows and nice linens (did I mention that the linens are ironed?!). Breakfast was fantastic; Roxy really knows how to cook! We had a granola, fruit and yogurt parfait followed by very yummy French toast.

Doug and Roxy are absolutely wonderful people who really seem to be enjoying what they do. They were conversational and interested in us, our trip, and what brought us to San Juan Island. There were many things that made us come to Friday Harbor, but Kirk House will definintely bring us back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Peter Kirk room, which is in the back of the house and has bistro table in the gard...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Omak, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had such a great time at The Kirk House B&B, we are ready to go again!
It is obvious the owners care about their guests and want them to enjoy their stay.
It is decorated in what I describe as " simple elegance" and the rooms are very comfortable. The food was great, Roxy and her husband are truly gourmet cooks!
Not only are they experts on the local history, they are also great at helping with recommendations of good restaurants and places of interest to visit in Friday Harbor.

Thank you for your hospitality! We are sure we will see you again!

Steve and Constanza

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kirk House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!