“Great experience, fantastic guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 25 years Outdoor Odysseys has been offering quality guided sea kayaking and whale watch tours in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Our tours feature opportunities to see killer whales and eagles while paddling, we offer great camp cuisine including Dutch oven cookery and guides that are mature (average age is 29), fun and professional. In 2009 we were selected by National Geographic Adventure Magazine as one of the "200 best outfitters" in the world.
Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience, fantastic guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My partner and I went on the one day kayaking trip and half way through wished we'd taken the five day trip! We had such a wonderful time and even I (completely afraid of water) didn't panic or fret. We didn't get the chance to see any Orca, but got to see a Stellar Sea Lion, which was just as amazing if you ask us! Magda was a wonderful host and a great teacher!

Bothell, Washington
“Excellent Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Awesome 4 day/3 night kayaking trip! My nephew was visiting in Seattle and convinced me to go with him on this trip. I was very impressed with the guides, Oren and Niken. Their logistics of food preparation and execution, safety of the paddle routes, knowledge of the San Juans and their friendly and fun demeanor made this trip memorable for both my nephew and myself. We had an awesome group and I could say that everyone really enjoyed it.

I would highly recommend Outdoor Odysseys Kayak Tours!

Glennview, IL
“Amazing 3 days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

7 senior women took the 3-day kayak tour with Outdoor Odysseys and loved every minute! From the paddling instruction to the camping and gourmet meals, everything was seamless and fun. Spent 2 nights camping on different islands; Jones Island had good hikes. Not much wildlife (Sept. 2013) but weather and everything else was great. The staff is very professional and I'd recommend OO to anyone.

Louise, Glenview, IL

Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I highly recommend the 4 day/3 night kayaking trip offered by Outdoor Odysseys! Since I traveled by myself, I had quite a few questions prior to the trip. Peter was very informative and answered all my questions. Our guide Oren was fabulous! Not only was he a great educator on all things "San Juan islands" including the vast wildlife and their habitat, he is an amazing cook! Every meal was outstanding and his extra touches with specially made snacks or food presentation made the entire experience fun and enjoyable. The icing on the cake was the chance to see a Superpod of Orcas as we kayaked back on our final day. This was a trip of a lifetime for me and I plan to go back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
“Better than we could have imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from the 4 day/3 night kayak/camping trip. To say we had a great time would be an understatement. The guide, Oren was amazing and truly helped make the trip so memorable. The food was outstanding and unlike anything we could imagine would be possible on such an adventure! We would recommend this trip to anyone seeking adventure and a trip of a lifetime.