“Canvas Cabins are a treat” 4 of 5 stars

Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes
4313 Roche Harbor Road, Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA 98250   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Nashville, TN
“Canvas Cabins are a treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I brought a group to kayak around San Juan Island. The Canvas Cabins were a great way to get in the mood for our adventure. The cabins are clean and comfortable with a fire ring and patio-type chairs outside the entryway; and a plush bed, couch and dining table set inside. We purchased firewood at the camp store to make smores. We sipped wine by the fire as the moon rose above the lake. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was better than most hotel continental breakfasts. The resort was quiet. We used the resort for our night before our kayak-camping trip, and for our first night back from our adventure. The Canvas Cabins made for a great transition into real camping and back into "civilization". I'll be bringing another group back in the future. The guests, including pre-teens, loved this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We camped on one of the sites by the lake which was awesome. They had boat rentals for a decent price. Toilets were not super neat but much better than what you'd find in a state park. The coin-operated showers were good enough for a warm bath.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dupont, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Lakedale exceeded all of my expectations and provided us with an amazing family vacation. I chose Lakedale because my huband enjoys more of a rustic setting with camping, fishing, canoeing, etc. I am more of a Four Seasons/Ritz Carlton girl myself, but he just returned from Iraq, so I picked a place more to his liking. Lakedale provided us both with what we were looking for. We stayed in a cabin - more than enough space for us with our 3 year old. It was very peaceful and comfortable. The muffin, scone and pancake mix provided was a nice touch. We really enjoyed the fire pit behind the cabin. Although there are no TV channels, there is a TV with DVD player - this was a big help for our daughter! The activities tent had tie-dying one day - I thought I was in summer camp. We looked at a Lodge room while we were there - very comfortable rooms with a beautiful view. We also looked at a canvas tent - "glamping". If we go back, I will definitely include a night or 2 in a canvas tent. These tents were amazing! Basically a lodge room in a tent. There was a mess tent where breakfast was provided and clean showers a short walk away. Overall, Lakedale has something for everyone. I was so glad we decided to stay here as opposed to Friday Harbor or Roche Harbor. Both FH and RH were only a short drive away, but Lakedale give you the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Aurora, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had the privilege of enjoying Lakedale's resort with a treasured friend. Everything was first class, from the the tent cabin with a bed, to the amazing staff. The setting is breath taking! Next time I visit, I am going to visit longer with Pam in the General Store and eat more of the complimentary breakfast so I can talk to Stacie longer. Thanks so much for everything!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I return to Lakedale nearly every year just to soak up the leisurely and lush Northwest atmosphere. Staff are friendly and accomodating always! I've stayed in the Lodge, the Lakehouse and the two bedroom cabin. Each one is impeccable in cleanliness, cozy and luxurious ambiance with a very 'nature' friendly feel! I have taken family and friends and they all love Lakedale!! It's also a very romantic place for two!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We spent Friday and Saturday in one of the Airstreams at Lakedale. It was my dream vacation. It was supposed to be a memorable event, and it will be for me, but not in a good way. I had never been in an Airstream before, but wanted to mark this occasion as memorable. We didn't have hot water and the bathroom floor/carpet was wet and smelled the two days we were there. We determined that flushing the toilet made it more wet so we used the honey buckets (some distance away) after the first day. This was not exactly what I was expecting for over $200/day. My partner didin't complain and we've been through a lot in 25 years, but this was a disappointing experience that cost quite a bit of money. I would not stay here again. Not at the current price for this service.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3Lakes, Guest Relations Manager at Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes, responded to this review, June 6, 2010
We sincerely apologize for an experience that did not exceed your expectations.

Partnering with Silver Cottages to add two great Vintage Airstreams to our accommodations mix has been plenty of fun for us and our guests. Considering the unique and unconventional nature of this lodging option, we are happy to provide a complete orientation to guests upon their arrival as well as personal support anytime throughout their stay.

We have also compiled a neat “in room” guide which prepares guests for a vintage travel trailer adventure and identifies feats you probably shouldn’t attempt in an RV! Finally, and perhaps most important, we are happy to provide full use of and complimentary shower tokens for our heated and remodeled bath house to all Airstreamers should they require a bit more elbow (and head) room.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband, mom, and brother rented Cabin # 4 which had a master downstairs and twin beds upstairs. My mother called it 'second to heaven' and didn't want to leave! The area is away from Friday harbor about 4 miles; it's quiet, comfortable, and gorgeous! We rented a car and i would recommend it if you come to the islands and stay away from Friday Harbor. I also recommend Island Bicylcles in town. My husband and I cycled 20 miles (10 out and back) from Friday Harbor to Lime Kiln State Park. Amazing scenery with tough hills for us Florida folks! Overall, great trip and I'm already looking to get a group together to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes? Share your experiences!