We rented a Lakeside camp site for $52 a night and was very unsatisfied when we got to the site to see where we would be pitching the tent. This site had no grass and was just half inch thick dust - dry soil type! This was a pain with 2 young kids. We went back to reception to ask if we could move to a different site but was told nothing was available that wasn't in a similar condition.
We also found the previous tenants hadn't bothered to pick up a lots of dog poop that had obviously accumulated over time.
We ended up staying for 2 nights and even that was too much. We couldn't wait to get out of there.
The bathrooms were dirty and inadequate for the number of people who stay there. They charge $2 for 5 minuted and you have to purchase tokens from the general store.
The general store is very expensive with a very limited choice of items for purchase.
The boat rentals are very expensive and the boats are in poor condition.
No Wi-Fi or cell service at the site!!!
Expensive firewood service.
We woke up on the second morning to find they had coated the site roads with a foul smelling substance that sticks to your car when you drive over it. Apparently, the substance is sprayed on the roads to keep the dust down? I went to the general store to enquire what was this stuff they had put on the roads without telling anyone what to expect. The young kid told me "it's only sap, it will wash off easily." When we got home, we found out it doesn't wash off easily. Actually the foul smell is still evident and we had to leave the vehicle outside the garage.
I honestly can't believe this place is so popular!
If you're going to stay here, I would go and check out the place first if that's feasible. It may not be what you're expecting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 82-acres, with three spring water lakes, Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes is an ideal San Juan Island getaway. Easily accessible by ferry or floatplane from Seattle, Lakedale Resort is nestled between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and a breath of fresh air – literally.Lakedale Resort features a variety of accommodation options, including a 10-room lodge, real log cabins, canvas cabins for a fabulous glamping experience, and camping. Lakedale Resort near Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor is also a great destination for teambuilding, meetings, and retreats, providing you with an inspirational setting to achieve your goals. Your group will enjoy the many activities that Lakedale has to offer including swimming, fishing, and canoeing on one of our three lakes. Or imagine taking over the lodge for your wedding and having your ceremony overlooking Fish Hook Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakedale Resort At 3 Lakes
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel Friday Harbor
- Lakedale Hotel San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA