When split between five people, the expensive campsite fee becomes manageable - although a bit crammed with three tents between five cyclists. We didn't mind, but if you're travelling alone or in a smaller group, search for accommodations elsewhere! Watch for costly showers and firewood - but enjoy the complimentary S'mores package, we sure did!
The location is prime - halfway between Friday and Roche Harbours, it was a short bike ride to either of the two marinas, which were worth checking out.
The service was excellent, with firewood delivered to campsite via golf cart. We rented a fishing rod, which ended up with the line snagged in a tree.. We had to break the line to get it out, but not to worry! A very kind employee brought more hooks for us to tie on, and another rod for us to use for the rest of the evening. What a guy! We were definitely impressed.
To put a very sour note on the ending of our trip, the camp road had been tarred the morning of our departure. We didn't realize the damage it had done until we hit the main road, but needless to say wet tar and bicycles, shoes and/or clothing do NOT mix! We encountered another gentleman who had the same problem, and had had his very expensive shoes RUINED by the wet tar. We had a pair of shorts sprayed, a rain jacket, two pairs of shoes, and all of our bikes coated with the stuff. P.S. - it stains, I have yet to get the mark off of my canvas shoes. If you have to tar a high traffic dirt road, why not do it at 12AM, when no one is going to suffer from it? Morning isn't the greatest time...
Friendly family resort, lots of bikers (motor) and drive-in campers. Not ideal, but there were a few pluses as aforementioned. Be careful not to destroy your personal belongings on their terribly timed tarred roads!
- Also Known As:
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel Friday Harbor
- Lakedale Resort At 3 Lakes
- Lakedale Hotel San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 82-acres, with three spring water lakes, Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes is an ideal San Juan Island getaway. Easily accessible by ferry or floatplane from Seattle, Lakedale Resort is nestled between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and a breath of fresh air – literally.Lakedale Resort features a variety of accommodation options, including a 10-room lodge, real log cabins, canvas cabins for a fabulous glamping experience, and camping. Lakedale Resort near Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor is also a great destination for teambuilding, meetings, and retreats, providing you with an inspirational setting to achieve your goals. Your group will enjoy the many activities that Lakedale has to offer including swimming, fishing, and canoeing on one of our three lakes. Or imagine taking over the lodge for your wedding and having your ceremony overlooking Fish Hook Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.