This was our first trip to Snug Harbor. There were four of us. We stayed in one of the new 2-bedroom cabins on the hill. It was extremely comfortable for four. Living room, dining area, deck with a Weber grill and picnic table, comfortable beds, nice shower, full kitchen. There is a large Armoire in each of the bedrooms. The gas fireplace was nice especially on a chilly evening. The view out the picture windows of the harbor is great. We utilized their firepit, with plentiful firewood provided, to roast smores. There is a horseshoe pit. They have a couple of complimentary one person ocean kayaks and a canoe, with paddles and pfd's. We did a guided kayak tour one day but did not get the chance to go to Lime Kiln Park to see whales because of a small craft advisory, which was too bad but couldn't be helped.
Snug Harbor is secluded but not so far away from everything. Perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Snug Harbor Resort is entering a new era for 2014. We have completed all 16 of our amazing new cabins. We also have a new lobby, gift shop, coffee shop and an events room with seating for 60 right on the waters edge. We offer deluxe one and two bedroom cabins with full kitchens, sumptuous interiors, fireplaces, flat screen tv's, and private decks. Your hardest decision might be which one to stay in. They are each unique in their own special way and unparalleled on San Juan Island We are located on the West side of San Juan Island on peaceful Mitchell Bay. Our 5 acre property has over 600' of beach and our own private marina. Guests enjoy our beach side fire pits, barbecues and the complimentary use of our two canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards or bikes. Whale watching and sea kayaking tours leave daily from our docks, just steps from your front door. When you come to Snug Harbor be ready to detach a little. While we have Wi-Fi and cell phone service throughout the resort, there are no phones in our cabins. Our coffee shop, Mitchell Bay Coffee, operates daily during the summer offering a full array of coffee drinks, fresh waffles, Rain City Granola, Umpqua Oats, soup, pastries and freshly baked cookies. Whether you come by car or boat, your time at Snug Harbor Resort will truly be an exceptional experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and T4B so you can book your Snug Harbor Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snug Harbor Marina Hotel Friday Harbor
- Snug Harbor Resort & Marina Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA