“Loved San Antonio” 5 of 5 stars

San Antonio, TX
Whitehouse Texas
“Loved San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

San Antonio is a beautiful city. The Alamo is a must see but there are other missions that are less crowded. Every time that I have been to the Alamo it is packed but if you follow the mission trail signs, or get a map from the visitor center across from the Alamo, you can see the other historic missions. They don't have the historical importance of the Alamo but they are more beautiful and less crowded. Mission Concepcion is the most beautiful and the first one along the trail after you leave the Alamo. I'm not sure about admission price, it was closed when I was there. San Antonio is a beautiful city with a lot of historical architecture that is worth seeing.

“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

My husband is in the military and we recently moved here because of that. I understand a lot of people love it here, but I just can't understand why? Living in a big city does have some perks, such as a lot of different restaurants to dine in and access to tons of different businesses. But I just can't seem to like it here, at all. The crime rate is excessive, there is nothing to do execpt go to the movies or the parks. (Which are located within city limits.) The traffic is always bumper to bumper, and the people here are all pushy and rude! I can't tell you how many times I have been bumped and almost ran over by in supermarkets and parking lots. Every day there is a new scratch or dent on my car doors. People just do not care about anything here. I am very depressed that we live here and can't wait to move.
The frontage roads here do not make any sense either and are a major accident maker. Plus those turn-around lanes? Who came up with htis kooky traffic system anyway? I did not write this review just to be mean, I wrote it to warn people about San Antonio.

Minnesota
“Will Go Back Again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

My sister and I visited San Antonoi Feb 23-27 and were impressed by the tourist friendly town.Public transportation via trolley or bus is convenient and inexpensive.We started out our first day in town with a boat tour of the RiverWalk area.Our guide,Captain Moe,had the passengers in stitches with his commentary and descriptions of notable spots on the River Walk.We then walked to the artist village of La Vallita and shopped thru the little stores featuring jewelry,copperwork,stained glass,sculpture and other artwork.Lunch at Guadlaharrys gave us a chance to have our first Mexican food and Margaritas. Excellent!!We also visited the Alamo,Ripleys Museum,Wax Museum and Haunted House,Buckhorn Saloon/Museum,Tower of the Americas(Fantastic view,but skip the mediocre food and just have drinks instead),& River Center Shopping Mall during a rainy afternoon.Our evenings were spent on the RiverWalk at Durty Nellys Irish Pub and Dick's Last Resort. Fun times with other middle aged tourists!!The best value of our visit was an 80 cent bus ride to the Botanical Gardens.Only $6.00 admission to tour fantastic gardens and foliage of every kind. Our lunch at the adjoining Carriage house was a gourmet meal featuring a generous crab cake and the most beautifully presented salad I have ever seen,along with rasberry iced tea and a HUGE piece of carrot cake. Total cost for this lunch ----$13.00!!!! A great way to spend a sunny day in San Antonio.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved The Riverwalk, Seaworld, McNay Museum, New Braunfels Water Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2005

San Antonio Texas is a wonderful family environment! We loved the downtown area, Tejano music, excellent food, Sea World, McNay Museum, Viking Archery School, Alamo Diving School; La Fagata is one of our favorite restaurants and Castle Hill Baptist Church is a family - away from home always! Our grandson has a lot of sweet memories of life in Texas. The Schools had a lot to offer, the Astronaut Club, Chess Club, and reading programs were instrumental in him becoming more confident in remedial skills. The excellence with sports, the best instructors are invaluable for a child's well-being and growth. I highly recommend the Viking Archery School, and Alama Diving Schools. God bless you always, we miss our dear friends in San Antone....

“A place for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2004

Everytime my family and I go to San Antonio I see and learn more about it from the Alamo to the Mission trail and even on the boat ride down the river you learn about the history of San Antonio. San Antonio is a the perfect place to visit for everyone of all ages. There is something to do for the whole family. If you are looking for a great night life, San Antonio has it, from live music to dance clubs or just having a drink on the River Walk. The food is another plus I can't say enough about Luciano's on the River Walk! They have the BEST Italian food, not only do you have a wonderful meal you get live music and the service is A+. I find it a peaceful place to be and look forward to going back soon.

Been to San Antonio? Share your experiences!