“Dirty dirty filthy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Alamo RiverWalk Convention Center

You added The Inn at Alamo RiverWalk Convention Center to your Saves list
The Inn at Alamo RiverWalk Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   405 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78205 (Formerly Travelodge San Antonio Alamo)   |
Ranked #264 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
orlando florida
“Dirty dirty filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

I stayed in room 134, it smelled awful, they sprayed it with perfume. I moved the night tablw and there behind it wasa an 8x10 inch hole cut in the wall. I deal for rats, mice, roaches and oher unsanitary animals to enter at their leisure. The mattress on the bed was for a double bed on a Queen mattress, it didn't cover the mattress. The night misfiit will charge you for long distance 2.00 daily, a safe 2.00 daily and none of them work. I hav estayed in places like this in India and Pakistan where it is common life but here ????. Do yuourself a favor and go further down Broadway for some other accommodations, you will be a lot happier. Don't try to use Wyndham Rewards, they will ignore it, it probably cost them a fee.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

I called ahead of time to ask about the hotel. The woman who answered the phone told me "Honey, it aint the Ritz, but it's nice enough". What can I say? We came for the marathon, we got a decent, clean hotel to sleep in, a very nicely appointed continental breakfast each day and friendly service. No, it wasn't the "Ritz" but we saved enough money staying here for some nice marathon souveniers!! :)

• Liked — Location, good breakfast, friendly service
  • Disliked — The wall outlets didn't work, some lamps didnt work. Older decor...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

THis is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. The room door would not lock I had to put a chair behind it. The bed had bed bugs or something that bit all night long.
The carpets were nasty , the bathrooms were a COMPLETE HORROR.
WOrds fail me to be able to describe how bad this hotel was.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Ft Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Booked this hotel at 4:00 a.m. just before heading to the airport.

Arrived in town early and after hauling my backpack for a while I went to the hotel to see if they could keep my stuff until check-in time. The front-desk attendant found out that they had clean rooms and offered to check me in early at no extra cost.

My room was basic but it was clean and quiet. It was also very close to downtown (3-4 blocks) and the bus No. 7and the trolley (Blue Line) dropped me off at the corner.

Probably a little expensive but it was the 4th of July...

• Liked — The helpful front-desk attendant and the quietness at night
  • Disliked — A few drunk men in the neighborhood
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

Booked this hotel and then read the reviews. Expected little and was pleasantly surprised. OK its not the Ritz but it was clean, comfortable and certainly affordable as during the few days I was there the was a 7000+ delegate conference, a week-long fiesta and a big basketball game all taking place. Rooms nearer the centre of town were being charged out at $300. My flight in was delayed, indeed I was 18 hours late in arriving from across the pond. The room was held without a problem. I stayed in Room 237. It was in fairly good decorative order, everything worked OK , the staff were friendly and helpful. For $70 a night at a peak time what more could I reasonably ask for?

• Liked — reasonable quality accomodation near to downtown area
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

Room was clean but had a couple of light bulbs out and toilet would not stop running. My main gripe was the $2 safe charge and $2 long distance charge. Reputable hotels refund these fees when you don't use these services, when checking out I was informed that they were "mandatory" charges...When I called later to speak with the manager, he listened to me, then put me on hold, and NEVER (15 min) picked back up...

• Liked — Easy to reach from the freeway
  • Disliked — mandatory extra charges
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Land of 10,000 Lakes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

At the end of February, we were driving from Austin through San Antonio to Corpus Christi returning to southern Texas where we started our trip. We were going to be in San Antonio for one afternoon and evening, so we needed to pick our lodging and commence a lot of specific sightseeing. We found a discount coupon in one of the San Antonio tourism books for a room at the Travelodge, which appeared to be close to the downtown sights we wanted to visit ~ the ad made the place seem clean and affordable. At the time, we didn't have access to a computer to check out lodging or ratings. First big mistake!

We checked in about 10:30 a.m. ($66 with the discount ad), unloaded our luggage, and parked our rental car. I keep a travel journal and noted that "I have second thoughts about this place", but we neglected to do a thorough inspection before walking about 5-6 blocks downtown to begin our sightseeing. Second big mistake!!

To get to downtown, we walked through an area that had a homeless diner with many people milling about ~ not a concern to us in the daylight. We had a wonderful afternoon and evening touring the Alamo, one of the beautiful missions in the area, the Riverplace boat tour, walking along the Riverwalk, and eating good food. Walking back to the hotel after dark, we took a different street to avoid the "groups" hanging around.

My notes in my journal about the room include: smell in room when you first walk in, like urine; fluorescent light in entry was constantly blinking when turned on (hazard?); bathroom floor very "sticky"; bath mat appears to be "lightly moldy"; wastebasket had not been emptied; water bottle sitting on bathtub ledge when we got there; large stains on the chair next to table; electrical hazard: electrical plug-in behind the bed was raised from the wall ~ we unplugged the standing lamp at night for safety; very loud traffic noise on the "side street" behind the hotel most of the night.

When we returned, it was too late at night for us to request or move to another room (if even available ~ the lot was full). Maybe this was their special "coupon" room ~ who knows!

I was a bit apprehensive about their "continental breakfast" after being in the room, but it was acceptable: make your own Texas-shaped waffles, dry cereal, juice, muffins, fruit. The breakfast room appeared to have been converted from a former little cafe attached to the hotel.

I didn't complain in the morning ~ I wasn't sure the front desk attendants would have even understood my MN accent ~ just paid the bill, knowing I was never coming back to this place again. Lesson learned?: I don't want to stay in conditions that I would not tolerate in my own home if guests are staying with me.

• Liked — Proximity to downtown ~ within walking distance
  • Disliked — Very uncomfortable with the conditions of the whole room
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Inn at Alamo RiverWalk Convention Center? Share your experiences!