“Everything I Could Have Hoped for and More!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Pickerington, Ohio
“Everything I Could Have Hoped for and More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

My colleagues and I were in San Antonio for a conference, and looked for a hotel that was close to the convention center and to area attractions. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Westin Riverwalk. The rooms were spacious, updated, and beautiful. The beds were like sleeping on clouds! The rooms were very quiet. I liked the option of not having to have housekeeping service if I chose not to and was given a $5.00 dining voucher for the days I opted out. The workout room was fully equipped and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and provided excellent service. I can't wait to bring my family to San Antonio. We will definitely stay at the Westin!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

2,079 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

This is a nice hotel in a great location. The afternoon tea time is wonderful with the most delicious hot chocolate I've ever had. The only drawbacks are the fees for everything. I needed to print out one page of black and white text and the business center charged me $7. Not to mention, if you receive any mail, you are charged anywhere from $5 to $25 (depending on package weight) just to get it from the front desk, whether they notify you of its existence or not. And the wi-fi in the room is $7 for 2 hours. I would recommend this hotel only to vacation travelers who wouldn't need any of the business related services or business travelers who can afford the excess fees.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cumberland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed 3 nights at the Westin. Enjoyed everything about our stay from the complimentary drink coupons at check-in, upgrade to top floor-rvierwalk view, and the late check out on Monday. Our room was very spacious and clean. Hotel is very convenient to the Riverwalk area with its many restaurants and bars. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only complaint is the internet - $12/day and we couldn't get our connection to work so asked for our money back which they promptly refunded.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

First let me say that our group included 500+ people.
I arrived on Monday and was surprised at the valet chage of 30.00 a day....WOW
After check-in, the bellhop brought my articles to my room on the 9th floor. He hung my clothes and unpacked the cart. I gave a moderate tip. I turned to check the room out. WOW, someone had trown up in the sink and it was abt 1 inch deep in puuk. I called the frt desk and spk with Aaron, frt desk mgr. He stated he would be up with the director of housekeeping. They arrived and immediatley "upgraded me" to a room across the hall. The upgrade consisted of the same room with a different view...Huge Upgrade...NOT!!! After unpacking in the "Upgraded room", I tried to get on the internet. I could not log onto the internet because the frt desk had not switched my records over to the new room. I called tech support and was charged a 10.00 fee for the hotel error. (I refused to pay this at check out).
The second day went without any castrophies.
The third day my wife joined me. She flew in from Dallas, the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was a whopping 18.00.
My fourth day was a disaster, we went to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, Zocca Restaurant. Our waiter was a gentleman... I will call him...Jesus...there was only about 5 tables being occupied/served with 3-4 waiters. First we had to ask to have our tea refilled, then we had to ask for addl bread. While our food was very good, we had a hard time getting the waiters attention...he was involved in a "HEATED" conversation with a co-worker at the rear of the restaurant, which was about 5 ft from where we were sitting. We tried to get his attention so he could refill our tea glasses for a second time...That was a wasted effort. It was as of we never existed. We were trying to leave to pay. He would not acknowledge our presence. My wife finally got up and got the tea pitcher and refilled our glasses, that got all the wait staffs attention. At which time our waiter never came over. I asked to speak with the mgr of the restaurant. After about 5 mins he came out and apologized. He did not comp our meal at that time. He stated to come back again and he would take care of the unpleasant experience. I told him I would not be back. I explained to him that if I pay 40.00 for 2 sandwiches, the least the restaurant could do is provide decent service. WOW. That after noon my wife went to work out, I came up to the room from a conf and to use the "boys room", well the commode overflowed. I used all the towels in the room to keep the water contained. I called guest services, they sent someone up repair but did not send any towels. We had to call back and request addl towels from the frt desk.
On the fifth day the same occurence with the commode and I was told that the hotel was replacing commodes and that I got a room with one of the old ones. SO MUCH FOR AN UPGRADED ROOM...WOW.
The fifth day we decided to go back to the restaurant and to give them a second chance. The mgr met us at the door, we had great service and great food. He comp'ed the meal and gave us a dessert that appeared and tasted like it was a week old.
When we check out on Sat. morning I called frt the desk and challenged the phone chgs...they removed them. I challenged the internet which was 15.00 a day because the frt desk mgr stated he was going to take care of that as well. When I got to the frt dest it was like pulling hens teeth to remove the internet.
I was finally checked out after an approx 200.00+ a day stay for 5 days. The frt dest mgr did not have the balls to check me out. I explained to him that we had just had our wedding and reception at the DFW Westin...it was an awesome experience. The frt desk mgr stated that he wanted us to come for our anniversary. I told him I THINK NOT!!!
The service is terrible at this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Easton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

After living in San Antonio for 20 years it was fun to return as a visitor, stay downtown. My husband was there on business for three nights, we added one additional night which required a separate reservation. I was told we would not need to change rooms but, in the end, we did. Rooms are being updated and the room we were given went off-market after our first night. We were upgraded to a larger room so we had the benefit of staying in two different rooms--both were beautiful, I think the only thing in need of updating was the carpet. While it was an inconvenience to have to move after the first night I wouldn't let that stop me from returning.

Both rooms were comfortable and clean. The room facing Market Street (6th floor) was far noisier than the second room which faced the River (5th floor). The noise can be attributed to the city buses which may be less of an issue higher up.

What I love most about this hotel are the public areas--beautifully decorated in a South Texas theme that made me feel as though I were in the home of a friend, not a hotel.

What I didn't love is the price of valet parking - $30/day. Plus tips? Ouch.

We had dinner one night at the restaurant downstairs--sorry I don't remember the name but the food was memorable and not over-priced.

Very comfortable hotel, helpful and friendly staff = I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

Spent NYE here. I am moving all my downtown stays to Sheraton on Houston street or Hotel Valencia.

One shower head didnt work. Furniture is worn. Hair on bed. Outlet was hanging. Was upgraded prior to stay, got to hotel at 5pm...room not ready, took what was available cause we needed to get ready.

No plat welcome amenity...but didnt worry about it since we were in a rush.

I used to love this place, and always made sure overflow out-of-town guests stay there, but that was my and my guest's last stay at the Westin Riverwalk.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Suffern, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

The Westin is in a nice location, with a gorgeous lobby and very nice rooms. Big, comfortable beds, nice layout, quiet (we never heard anyone except kids in the hallway), and has lovely balconies. However, for the price, there were two major disappointments. First off, the housekeeping was very poor. When they came to tidy up room during our 4 day stay, they never replenished shampoos/soaps, so we had to ask for shampoo each day, they left pillows from the bed on the floor after they made the bed, they never wiped down bathroom counter/faucet, never vacuumed (crumbs stayed in place for 4 days), and even left dirty glasses behind. In the hallways, discarded room service dishes would lie on the floor outside the rooms for hours. That brings me to the other disappointment: room service. It's nice to offer 24-hour room service, but the minimum wait time was 45 minutes for anything, including just sodas or water. There are no vending machines on the floors, so if you are thirsty (and housekeeping never gave you more water bottles), you could die of thirst in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and apologetic, and I understand we were there on a very full weekend, but there really is no excuse...overall I do not recommend Westin Riverwalk...especially at over $200 per night. Also, I HATE paying for wi-fi at rates like that, just greedy to want $15 per day.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!