“Great location, great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location, great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

I stayed here for business off and on for 8 weeks. Staff was very responsive and the rooms are nice. Many of them overlook the riverwalk. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food is good. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2005

We had a great stay at the beautiful Westin San Antonio.
Exceptional Westin quality rooms and very accomidating staff.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2005

Two biggest problems: cost and location. The rooms are expensive for what you get. And the hotel is on the dead portion of the Riverwalk (as opposed to the Hyatt and Marriott). Otherwise, nice room, nice lobby, and good service.

• Stayed February 2005
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2005

The Westin Riverwalk Hotel is the best hotel in the San Antonio area!! Its convenient location puts you minutes away from the major city attractions. The riverwalk is right behind the hotel which made it convenient for me to relax by their verandas, walk to the river walk restaurants and mall, and take a walk thru the beautiful riverwalk scenery. The customer service and attention was exceptional and the staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. I requested a room away from street noise (I’m a light sleeper) and they did an excellent job accommodating my special request. The hotel’s free afternoon snack, also called “la merienda” was just delicious. Their “agues frescas” or natural juices were delicious and refreshing specially when accompanied with their Mexican cookies. The hotel public areas were beautifully decorated and clean. The gym facility was really nice with a sauna right next too it. They also had an individual TV for every treadmill and all the equipment was well maintained. My room was beautiful, spacious, comfortable, clean, and well maintained. The bed was just heavenly with plush pillows and soft linen. I would definitely stay in Westin Riverwalk next time I travel to San Antonio.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

I love this hotel! My husband and I live and work in San Antonio but our idea of a quick escape is to stay at a nice hotel on the Riverwalk and enjoy "room service." We decided to try the Westin for our 12th Wedding Anniversary. Several Westin employees had asked us where we were coming from. I thought it sounded funny when we told them "from San Antonio" so I made sure to add in the part about it being our Anniversary.

The Westin is definately the best of our hotel experiences yet! The nighttime riverview was outstanding from our balcony as the Christmas lights were still lit on all the trees perfectly framing the Tower of Americas. The beds were "heavenly" comfortable as advertised and the dual shower heads in the bathroom were invigorating. We ate dinner at the Westin and the gourmet food was exquisite. When we returned to our room after dinner, there was a bottle of chilled champagne and a handwritten note congratulating us on our 12 years of marriage. The Westin helped make our private celebration one to remember!

We will definately be returning to the Westin for our romantic getaways and have lost all interest in staying anywhere else.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2004

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in SA. I just got back from a conference there and as always, it was outstanding! I go at least once a year to enjoy the heavenly bed, heavenly bath and the wonderful service. This westin is by far the best I've ever stayed at. Highly recommend!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2004

I stayed at the Westin at the riverwalk in October, and it was really great. We had a room with the balcony on the riverwalk, it was so romantic! The bedroom is simply fantastic, and the bathroom is just amazing! The service was outstanding, and we are definitely going to stay there again if we go back to San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2004

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!