“awesome hotel honest staff” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charleston SC
“awesome hotel honest staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Had the misfortune of leaving my credit card at the restaurant in this hotel. The next day when I realized it, I called the restaurant and was directed to security for the Westin. The credit card was held securely by a responsible person which reflected well upon the hotel and the honesty of the staff there. I will try to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Martinsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I planned a corporate meeting at the hotel. I had never been there before but will definitely go back again! Elizabeth in Catering was awesome to work with and she took care of all of our needs. All of the staff, from the front desk to the housekeeper to the A/V people to the catering people were ALL so friendly and helpful. The food was very good and the meeting space was nice. A great location right on the Riverwalk. A nice area to walk around either the streets or on the river level. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Riverfront room had a beautiful view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you laurie2668, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the great location, our staff and the food!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Seminole, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my first time to ever stay at the Westin. I was visiting for a girls weekend get together, and from the moment we arrived the customer service was exceptional!! Then we arrived to the room and we were overwhelmed with all the stuff set out for us! The work put into every detail just left me speechless ... I was on the verge of tears!! Executive Chef Jeff Foresman out did himself !! We had snacks and fruit set out for us. The cheese slices were cut out into hearts , and the strawberries were sliced to look like roses!! We had brunch one morning at the restaurant there in the Westin ...I believe it's called Zocca. Like I said earlier customer service was exceptional and it followed through at this restaurant. Amazing food!! I could go on and on ... I recommend staying at this hotel and you should visit Zocca ... Best service hands down!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great hotel and location. Away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to everything! The staff was SUPER professional, courteous and accommodating! Highly recommended for families with small kids! The restaurant were great and the view to the River - AMAZING!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello AlexLoves2Travel,
Thank you for the very kind words!
We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
swindon uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was told I had a river view room. 824 was on market street which meant traffic noise all night.
The traffic noise was bad enough but the room had a communicating door which was not sound proof.
I spent until 12.30am listening to 2 women discussing their purchases.
Not what you expect from an up market and expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid Market Street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello bribarbSwindonUk,
Thank you leaving us your comments about your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. I'm sorry you were told you had a river view room and weren't given one. Please notify us next time there's an issue like this so that we can rectify it.
We appreciate you staying with us and sincerely hope to see you again soon.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed at this property on business for one night. The hotel was clean and everyone was very helpful. Arrived late and was initially pleased with room quality and cleanliness. It became obvious that the a/c was working improperly. Being that it was very late it didn't make sense to bother anyone as I also had a early meeting. Then it sounded as though there was a toilet running overhead all night...the sound of running water through pipes. And early in the morning at 6 am there was no hot water. I assume all 3 things would have been dealt with had I called someone. But I would have hoped for the price that I would have not had to deal with one of the problems, let alone all 3.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Bill D for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We decided to stay local for our honeymoon, and there is still very few places as romantic as the riverwalk. We really appreciate Oscar for paying special attention the fact that we were celebrating and making special accommodations for us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!