“Wow! This hotel sets a very high standard” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Oklahoma
“Wow! This hotel sets a very high standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I felt like such a valued guest, like they actually cared that I was staying at this hotel and I wasn't an inconvenience or they we doing me a favor. Everyone appeared to care. Hotel was very clean, very well maintained, super-comfortable beds, and had a great location at the quieter end of the riverwalk. This hotel is doing everything very right!

Room Tip: Riverwalk balcony!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you okiehokie, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the clean hotel, caring staff and hotel location. We are happy you had a great time while staying with us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Bill Petrella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I decided to go to San Antonio last minute for Labor Day weekend and ended up at the Westin Riverwalk for a night. I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I arrived.

All of the staff were super nice, from the valet, to the front desk to the bellman. Best of all the bartender by the pool made an awesome margarita that rocked my world.

The room was really nice and a good size. We had a balcony, but it wasn't much to look at, so I didn't really use it. Plus you normally need a chair or furniture to do that which it e
was lacking. The room was very clran and in true Westin fashion the bedding was awesome.

We spent a lot of time at the pool since we didn't have anything planned. It was nice and like I said, the drinks rocked. The only thing that was not very enjoyable were the 5 kids horsing around in the pool which is a little on the small side. But when they left it was perfect.

The location was on the Riverwalk and pretty close to most things. We didn't even need to take our car out to do anything.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and it's on my short list for San Antonio.

• Stayed September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Checked into a terrace room with patio on the 4th floor. Noticed that the carpet was very worn, my dogs quickly 4 pieces of gum that had been dropped on the floor at the foot of the bed.The following morning I tried to make coffee using the in room coffee maker only to discover that it was broken. I reported it to the desk clerk at check out. At check-in, I was VERY surprised when I was told I would receive a $15 credit for valet parking & free Internet. I the booked room in Sept. & it was a AAA special which offered FREE valet parking & the room was $129.00. Imagine my surprise at check out when I billed $264, not including taxes. When I questioned the desk clerk, he spoke to the manager, who told that was the correct price & if I wanted to, I could contact Westin corporate offices.Can't help but wonder if they jacked up the room prices because of the holidays. All of the employees I encountered during my service were top notch. Overall, I will never stay there again. as the price for the quality of the room was average at best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you kaykay2013 for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at the Westin Riverwalk is top notch. From JR Vasquez in Bell services to the concierge, David and front desk manager Thomas Blanchard. They work very hard to accomodate and make you feel at home. JR was able to assist in my switching rooms when I arrived due to a mix up. Being attentive to my experience he informed the front desk and assisted in switching the room for me. After a long day working a convention 2 blocks away, he and the staff had arranged to have a nice little gift in the room with a special note from the manager. When it comes to planning a dinner meeting with guest up to 20 in the area, David has the inside to reserving the best locations based on your needs. I had a last minute group agreeing to dinner from the convention. I contacted David the concierge explained to him the setting i needed to discuss business and he arranged everything to the point that the Charthouse made reference to him explaining my needs. The dinner went so well that we were able to capture business and get a contract with the customer.The service from housekeeping was very top notch and rooms were nicely cleaned daily and staff accomondating. I stayed at the Westin Riverwalk on 4 times from August to November and each time was a great experience. The Staff really makes a difference and has me commited to staying thanks to JR, David, and the Westin team.
Best Regards,
Devon White (aka- Jakoby's Corner)

Room Tip: River view suites and some corner rooms will have nice quaint balconies. City view side request hig...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times during the holidays. The service we recieve is always 5 star. The staff always makes me and my family feel like we are at home here. The staff always helps us with our plans for seeing something differant each time we dtsy here. The view from our balcony is priceless. I always recommend the hotel to all of my friends.

GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Hi MichaelC03,
We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We're very happy to hear that you had a wonderful time.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

pittsburgh, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Wonderful hotel, easy check in and out, very helpful staff with suggestions on what to do. You could get to the river walk from the back of the hotel or you could easily walk a couple blocks and be at the Alamo. The only thing I would say negative, the "buffet" breakfast not worth the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was here in San Antonio to visit my son, who joined the air force and is stationed at the Lackland AF base. I had never been to San Antonio before and wanted to stay on the riverwalk. The Westin was a great choice. Right in the heart of downtown and my room balcony overlooked the river. The service there was great too. Eugene Schlaff, one of the managers (or stewarding I think), took the time to talk to me and give me some directions and recommendations on things to see. Little things like that mean the world to me. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If available ask for a room that overlooks the riverwalk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hello Brian G,
Thank you for your comment! While we are very proud of all our staff, we always love reading nice comments about specific individuals. We're certainly lucky to have Eugene.

From all of us at the Westin Riverwalk, please thank your son for his service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!