“Pleasure with business” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Newport Coast, CA
“Pleasure with business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed at this property four times in the past six months and I wouldn't consider another hotel on Riverwalk. And I've stayed at other San Antonio hotels.

I do business in San Antonio about once a month. When I travel I look for a hotel that's upscale, comfortable and convenient to a fun night out. Amenities and exceptional service are absolutely requisite and I get both at the Westin.

The architecture is upscale, the lobby and entertainment areas are beautiful and comfortable and the river views excellent. It feels good just walk in the hotel... The gym is a good size with enough cardio to not be crowded. The pool is subtle and gorgeous with well-designed hardscape and overlooks the river. There is a small cafe/coffee bar and the restaurant, Zocca, has beautifully-designed indoor and outdoor settings. Step out the back and you're on Riverwalk. Out the front and you're just around the corner from dozens of restaurants and bars.

Rooms are great, Westin-appointed rooms and are all fairly large.

I had a challenge by noisy neighbors on my first night and it was handled expertly by a staff that has clearly been trained and managed well. Ever since I've noticed that ...everyone makes an effort. When I place a request of any type it's handled immediately and I get a follow up call to check. No surprises except for constant, great treatment. I really do enjoy this part of my business travel to San Antonio and will bring my spouse sometime soon.

A great, exceptionally well run property on Riverwalk.

Room Tip: On the river if you can
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here last week for the second time. The hotel is in an excellent location, well presented and the rooms are a nice size.

The service on our previous trip was ok. Not great, ok. This time it was poor:

- I stood at the Concierge's desk waiting for him to get off his computer and help me. The desk was quiet, I was the only one there. After he ignored me for a few minutes, I went to the main desk. Only then did he bother to look up.
- Breakfast waitress really couldn't be bothered to take our order. We eventually had to go and search for a different one who was more than willing.
- Both of the phones in our room were unplugged and neither worked after I had to crawl around plugging them in. Despite this being reported to reception, nothing was fixed.
- Which was a real problem that night, as the corridors were full of screaming youths partying till 3am.

As I said, we've stayed here before. Wont be making that mistake again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Everyone at the hotel treated me and my business associate like Kings, including the General Manager Bill Petrella. From the minute we stepped into the lobby to check-in, we received nothing less than 100% respect and service from everyone there. I was there strictly for business, but I'll be back soon with my wife, and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The place is beautiful!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river side room with a balcony on a lower floor.
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Riverwalk recently...loved the location and public areas, but the room was quite a disappointment. Lumpy pillows, dirty and worn carpet. The room felt as if it hadn't been dusted or cleaned for months. The shower faucet dripped constantly, no ice bucket in the room. I thought SPG offered their guests a better hotel experience than what we received. Despite the room being below average, breakfast and dinner at Zocca's was wonderful and we always had excellent service from the front desk and doormen.

Room Tip: Avoid the Starwood floor
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a well located, beautifully appointed hotel. Our room was comfortable with a great view of the Riverwalk and the sunsets. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay thanks to David Swift, the hotel's friendly, helpful concierge who helped us with obtaining excellent tickets to a Spurs game and with making dinner reservations at few wonderful local restaurants including the Chart House atop the Tower of the Americas! Our meals were delicious with excellent, attentive service and a spectacular nighttime view of San Antonio. David was friendly and shared his knowledge of the city and things to do that we found entertaining. Thank you David!

The meeting facilities were comfortable with excellent audio visual assistance and air conditioning was just right-- not too cold! We had a marvelous time and will definitely stay at the Westin again! The Zocca restaurant and Bar provided friendly efficient service and the food was well prepared and beautifully presented. All in all this was a terrific visit!

Room Tip: Riverwalk view rooms with a balcony!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and I really enjoyed my stay there!

We got there relatively early on a Friday lunch time and we had no problem checking in. The receptionist was very helpful in guiding us around the town and she recommended few places to visit etc... Very helpful indeed when you have no clue where to go!

The room itself was fantastic, one of the best bed I have slept on, free coffee machine, large flat screen TV, excellent furniture range, large bathroom with all you need for an interesting stay.

The hotel is situated directly on the riverwalk. As I did not have a car, it was very useful to be able to walk in many places. Also keeping away from the traffic was a nice bonus! The riverwalk is in itself a very charming environment and I am definitely looking forward going back there. Definitely recommend this hotel for couples, I would take my wife there without a problem!

The breakfast is plentiful, however I actually preferred the buffet to the set menu. It is not cheap but it is OK, and of good standard.

If you fancy a drink at night, the bar downstairs has all sorts of spirits and beers... Maybe try some of their large range of tequila, very tasty indeed.

Overall I have no complains about this hotel. It made the break during my business trip very relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. Will definitely come back whenever I am in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Get the starwood membership card which gives you access to high speed internet for free.
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Best Hotel on the Riverwalk for any Business meetings, or events... Great customer service, prices, and excellent food. The rooms were very cozy, and clean. I am definately coming back to the Westin Riverwalk Hotel and visit for a personal experience with my famliy. I have notified my corporate office so when the big bosses head to San Antonio, they definately need to stay at the Westin Hotel on the Riverwalk for a great experience and awesome food. Thanks to all staff for a great banquet well put together and great customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!