“Fabulous Birthday Party” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio
“Fabulous Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Riverwalk for my daughter's 11th birthday. She invited 12 girls and we stayed in THE MOST MAGNIFICIENT suite right on the river and adjacent to the pool. The accomodations were much better than we imagined and we slept all 13 of us quite comfortably in a double room connecting to a king room via the hospitality suite. We ordered roll-away beds. The kids had a ball in the terrace pool that overlooks the river. All 12 stated that it was the best birthday party they had ever been too!!. This could not have been a better experience. The staff was super curteous to me and my special requests to accomodate a bunch of children. There was so much for us to do that we found ourselves limiting our time at each place so we could be on to the next thing. There cannot possibly be a better hotel in the San Antonio area. This hotel must be experienced!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the river! It just doesn't get any better than this
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
William_Petrella, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Denise. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel. We appreciate all the accolades. We wish your daughter a Happy Belated Birthday!

2,095 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is on a quiet river walk spot, close to everything but less party, more class and more style than most places around. Balcony is small with no furniture. Great restaurant downstairs. Live music was delightful but meeting staff was just okay. Very kind helpful people when they are around.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Llianabug. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the service to our signature Italian restaurant, Zocca Cuisine d'Italia.

Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am a platinum member with Starwood. I spend 200 nights a year in a hotel room, thus the idea of staying at a hotel on the weekend in my own home town was not exciting me, this was until I checked in to the Westin on the riverwalk. Soon after check-in my wife and I went down to Zocca's for dinner and I was impressed with the ambience, staff, service and great food. We were greeted during our dinner by Eugene Schlaff (Sous Chef) to see how our food was and for some great conversation. This set the tone for the rest of the weekend, which was fantastic.

I can tell you that you will not be disappointed with Zocca's. I will be back, whether staying at the hotel or visiting the riverwalk. Those meatballs melt in your mouth!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Jaquila. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the excellent food to the great service. Sous Chef Eugene is ecstatic that he was able to make your stay extra special.

TEXAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If I were an animal lover, I would probably appreciate the fact that this is a pet friendly hotel but I'm not. I dont mind if people bring their pets; I just dont want to listen to barking most of the night. I took my family the Saturday after Thanksgiving; which BTW is an extremely busy weekend. I was checked in fast and was given 2 upgrades with Riverwalk balcony rooms. I thought that was very nice and I really appreciated it. The problem was the doberman next door. Fortunately, I had been up late for the past 4 nights and even though the dog was barking because his owner wasnt in the room and I could hear when "Daddy" came home; I pretty much was passed out that night. If that hadnt been the case, I would have called down and changed rooms. Other than that I thought the room was nice and the location was good as well. The property is very well maintained and is really beautiful. I would probably not stay there again unless I was guaranteed a room that wasnt next to any pets.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room that doesnt have a pet next door to you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have just completed a 5-day meeting at the Westin Riverwalk San Antonio. The group had comments about how the Westin reflected the city we were in. Many rooms and meeting areas open onto riverwalk balconies, allowing us to profit during breaks and have lunch on the terrasse. It is walking distance to many attractions, events and Convention Centre.
Zocca restaurant is an excellent restaurant - quality, value, etc.
Meeting rooms are well appointed and serviced. Each banquet captain introduced themselves each day, and service was personable and professional. Planning was effortless and easy with sales & catering. Last minute orders were incorporated with minimal delay.
I would specifically like to mention: Brooke Engel in Sales & Catering, who never lost patience once with the on-going changes likely in a 5-day meeting; Horhay (George) the houseman who was always timely, helpful & cheerful; Executive Chef (name?) & Eugene Schlaff - Sous-chef - & his team, who put out excellent, healthy, quality food every day; Michael Dudek and his banquets team - Joshua Cavallo & Angel Gomez, Luis Salazan & Ronald Delgado - who all ensured my event was as successful as they could make it from a service point of view, adding last minute suggestions and assistance.
The Concierge, David Swift, is a wealth of information and resource. If you need reservations anywhere - or a cowboy hat - he's the guy to send you in the right direction.
I haven't mentioned housekeeping, maintentance or security, only because they were invisible! Rooms were all cleaned impecably, replacement of items was done immediately, and when a call was made to refresh a meeting area, they were there quickly.
Negatives were the meals being set out minutes before their delivery time, and refreshing of rooms after a break were sometimes out of sync with our announced break times. "Bangy" meeting room doors disrupted the meetings and need to be re-hinged.

Room Tip: Riverwalk rooms preferable to City-view rooms. Allocation is the same, but the windows can allow a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We're from San Antonio and are always looking for a great place to dine on the River Walk. We read good things about Zocca so decided to give it a tray. The service was excellent, the food outstanding, the atmosphere upscale but relaxed! Our server Daniel was great. From the moment we sat down until dinner was finished, he kept our water glasses full and the food coming when it was ready. My wife had the express lunch while I ordered the wedge Caesar appetizer, first course capellini pasta, second course seared salmon with side of creamed spinach. We finished the meal with tiramisu and coffee. After the meal, Chef Eugene Schlaffn was so kind to come to our table, introduce himself, and thank us for dining at Zocca's; 'Ive never seen a chef do that before. We will be back for for many more meals.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was at the Westin Riverwalk for my friends wedding reception. The service was great, the place was very clean, and during dinner, chef Eugene Schlaff came out to our table to introduce himself and make sure that we were all pleased with the food and service. Myself and others really enjoyed meeting the chef and it made the whole experience much more personal and memorable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!