“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Cincinnati, OH
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in San Antonio for the Formula 1 Race in Austin. We stayed from Thursday to Monday. We were upgraded to a jr suite because of SPG status. Our room was clean and quiet. We never heard people in the hall. We did not have a view of the river walk, but that is available. Everyone working there was helpful. It is a short ride to the airport. We rented a car one day and drove to the Missions. They offer cocktails and cheese/fruit plate in the lobby during the evening. My advice would be to skp and have a glass of wine somewhere else than buying one here and just sitting there.

The hotel was convenient to most places and easy to find. Def would stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidandKim

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I enjoyed my short trip here. The hotel staff were very friendly. The overall appearance of the hotel was nice. While I did't have time to sightsee, it appeared the hotel was within walking distance of just about everything.

Killeen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel had a great staff..... very very nice... but check in is at 3:00 and we arrived at 2:45 to be told that our room would be ready at 4:00. We booked a very expensive room overlooking the Riverwalk - but there were so many trees we would not see the River only the stree corner. Also we did have a balcony but there were no chairs to sit on the balcony. There was a standing floor lamp - but someone removed the light bulb, we called the desk and they did replace it very quickly and were very nice. The bathroom had approx 4 lights and 2 of those bulbs were burnt out...
We had to pay an extra $30 for parking - really don't mind the cost but it took almost 1/2 hour for them to bring our vehicle and it was only park directly across the stree in a parking garage.
For almost $300 a night I felt like the facilities could have been nicer than they are..... I guess I was expecting something "Nice". It's an OK hotel - I would stay at LaQuinta, or a moderate price hotel next time - you are not gaining anything with the price.
Thanks

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank michelle m
Farmington, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is pricey, but, we knew that and were not disappointed with it. Good service and clean rooms with excellent beds and nice bathroom. Good view of the riverwalk. Can walk to Alamo and all of Riverwalk and many shops and historic places. Good restaurant and and also a good snack bar for coffe and breakfast rolls, etc. Has Starbucks in the rooms too. We were on 11th floor and it was quiet and very nice. When we started to leave the valet went to get our car and found that it had a dead battery. We suspected that THEY had used interior lights and left them on. However, they got our car started and brought it to us and put a charger on it for a while until it would start on it's own. They handled it very well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend since his conference was located in the hotel. We got an amazing conference rate of $142 per night and that was a real bargain for this riverfront property.

The standard city view king room was a nice size with all the amenities of an upscaled Riverwalk hotel. It included complimentary Starbucks coffee and bottled water, upscaled bathroom products, free internet, and a very comfortable bed. My only complaint about our room choice is that even on the 11th floor the bus noise from the street below was a nuisance. While the noise made it difficult to fall asleep, it was lesser on Saturday night.

I visited the workout area both mornings and it was very nice. My treadmill was in excellent working order and the view of the pool was relaxing. Complimentary earbuds for watching the treadmill mounted tv were very appreciated and made my workout very enjoyable.

The Starbucks in the lobby was my breakfast spot both mornings and the server was very accommodating. My bagel was perfectly toasted and my coffee was just as ordered. Also, she was very kind to retrieve my butter from the restaurant.

The valet at this property is pricey, so we opted for parking in the garage across the street. It was $15 per day and was very convenient and secure.

This Westin is a couple of blocks for the Rivercenter Mall, but one block from the river access where all the great restaurants are located. We walked to an excellent steak restaurant and a wonderful Mexican one. (I personally liked being away from the mall traffic.)

There is a very nice Italian restaurant in the hotel at river level, but we did not go. We did enjoy drinks in the lobby where they featured a nice jazz duo Saturday night.

We had a nice stay and I recommend this property for your next stay on the river especially if you get a bargain price like we did!

Room Tip: If you are bothered my bus and street noise, you may want to pay extra for the river view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I attended a conference late last week at The Westin Riverwalk and was a bit overwhelmed with activities going on back at the office and at the conference. The staff was very helpful and accommodating in my requests for assistance. Irma was especially instrumental in allaying my concerns about getting some documents ready and saw to it that she'd make herself available to assist while on her shift! Other staff members were helpful and accommodating, including housekeeping. Unfortunately, I was not able to get everyone else's name. Your staff must be commended! Thank you!

1 Thank K O
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am a platinum member on SPG as well as a Diamond member on Gold Passport, at the same time, so I would consider myself well traveled and familiar with hotels and hotel bars. I've been to hotels and their bars in the US, Europe and Asia, and while many have been more fancy and most are more sophisticated, I can honestly say that Zocca, with its waitstaff and comfortable setting, provides one of the most relaxed and comfortable places to relax after a day of work. Sure the Riverwalk provides a nice setting but really because of the waitstaff. Special mention si warranted for Daley and her genuine and easy-going manner that truly welcomes you to relax and forget the past workday--a rare person indeed.

Be careful where you smoke though, especially cigars, because the supervisors will come after you relentlessly!

1 Thank USlawyerInHK