“Grand Slam Customer Service & Stunning Property!!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harker Heights, Texas, USA
“Grand Slam Customer Service & Stunning Property!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had family fly in from Las Vegas & Chicago to visit us for their first visit since we've moved to Texas & we knew immediately that The Westin Riverwalk was where we HAD to stay! The property is stunning, clean, smells great & the customer service is top notch from the moment you pull in & valet your car (in & out w/ease) to the time you sadly have to end your time here. We LOVED the Sunday brunch in Zocca & also evening cocktails in Zocca outside on the comfy chairs enjoying the weather & people watching while being waited on like royalty. When it was time to hit the town either by river or by street level this hotel is the PERFECT CENTRALIZED LOCATION! Our room was exceptionally clean & when I read about the "heavenly" beds in an advertisement I had no idea they would be SOOOO comfortable; complete w/a variety of pillows to suit your plush/firm needs. The hotel says "dog friendly" & while I saw a couple dogs in the lobby during check in/out times I never once heard or smelled a single dog. Thank you Westin Staff especially: Miguel (Bell Staff), Steven (Front Desk), William (Zocca Chef), Roslyn & Geneay (Zocca, Bar Tendeer). Oh & I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the dreamy soft live music that was being played in the lobby Sat night w/a bar set up nearby....their Sangria was marvelous!
Thank you for a lovely weekend Westin, you became part of our memories that will last a lifetime...everyone of them fun, relaxing, peaceful & special!

Room Tip: The river view balconies are awesome!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable experience about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Sandra. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the cleanliness to the customer service. Thank you for also dining with us at Zocca. Miguel, Steven, William Roslyn and Geneay are pleased they made your stay extra special. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Jami Champagne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in September around a lunch event I organized for 25 people at the hotel. The hotel location was perfect and the service around the lunch was excellent. I thought the hotel was a great place to stay, definitely a high-end spot. I do want to particularly note the extra-special help from event-manager Sara as she went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the overall experience was perfect! Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the riverwalk side if you can!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you WorldRunner01 for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel such as the exceptional service. Sara is happy she was able to make your stay even special. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you need gluten free dining option in San Antonio, Texas, I highly recommend staying at the Westin Riverwalk. The hotel is beautiful and the service was excellent. I was staying at the hotel for a conference and the entire wait staff and chef went out of their way to accommodate my dietary restrictions. On multiple occasions the chef personally made a gluten free meal certifying no cross-contamination. It is rare to find a wait staff so thoughtful and caring toward someone with dietary restrictions. Unfortunately, I am used to people not having a clue what Celiac Disease even is. Great service!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked Riverwalk - great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you Maureen for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the beauty of the hotel to our amazing gluten-free options. We are happy we were able to accommodate all your dietary restrictions and you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Coming to San Antonio TX after a many years I was a bit leary of bad overrated hotels in the Riverwalk area, especially during a large conference. The Westin Riverwalk exceeded all my expectations! The hotel lobby was outstanding, the suite room was very large and accomodating and the oversized bathroom was exceptional. Starting from the valet service (which I recommend for in/out ease) to check out, the experience was flawless. The only concern I had was a bit of grime around the glass shower stall, but nothing that could affect ones stay. The resturant in the lower level is fantastic and on the riverwalk and meals were reaonably pricied for the ambiance. I'd plan a visit back with my family any day at the Westin!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high fl with River walk view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, globaltraveller_hs. We appreciate that you pointed out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the rooms to the fantastic meals at our signature restaurant Zocca. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I just had a great two night stay at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, the Hotel was fresh and the staff was great. There's lot to do and see. The hotel is on the River Walk and within walking distance of the Alamo. We plan to be back very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Ben. We are elated you and your wife had a wonderful time staying with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you soon.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westin, San Antonio. (from October 6 - 12). I must commend the staff.
I'm not sure if they have your own training program, or they are simply lucky to have wonderful people working there, but I've stayed at hotels all over and this is by far one of the best, if not the best, that I have experienced.

Truly great service, wonderful staff, great food… I can go on and on. I was there on business and I enjoyed my stay there tremendously.

The valet even had to boost my car off one morning and they did it with a smile! The entire experience was truly exemplary and I will recommend this hotel to any and all that I know will be in the San Antonio area. I will return, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Room on river side was nice, but really not necessary.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the tie to give us your valuable feedback about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk, Debmac_12. Thank you for pointing out all the positives of the hotel such as the amazing service you received from the staff and the great food. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location - picturesque with easy access to Riverwalk. Room - very comfortable. Customer service - the highlight. Hotel staff was prompt, friendly and provided exceptional service. Elissa especially went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at The Westin Riverwalk AndThereWeWent. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the location to the service your received. Elissa is very appreciative and happy she was able to make your stay special. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Jami Champagne

Been to The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio? Share your experiences!