“Worth the price..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Palacio del Rio

Save Saved
You added Hilton Palacio del Rio to your Saves list
Hilton Palacio del Rio
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 South Alamo Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #25 of 350 hotels in San Antonio
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Worth the price..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

One of the best places to stay on the Riverwalk. There Patio Bar & Café are right on the river edge.. great for people watching... while sipping drinks.. This is in the old section of the Riverwalk which to me has the best views & restaurants on the Riverwalk, plus its only 2 blocks from downtown & the Alamo.. The Staff has one thing in mind, & that's to make your stay an enjoyable one.. If your a non smoker like I am there is no smoking on any of the patio bars.. & hotel.. Best time to go is after 11/24 when the 2 1/2 mile walk is lit up in lights.. I also got the best price on the room by going direct to the hotel web site.. 3 nights is all you need if you can get in around 1 o'clock on the first day.. When we go back it will be to this hotel..

Room Tip: you have 2 choses for baloneys views, the river view or the city view.. Both are great, We stayed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1,105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I called a couple of times before our visit which was during Fiesta week. The operator - Eva - was more than helpful and even recalled my earlier call when I mentioned I had called earlier in the week. So often we are quick to complain about the operator when they don't really have control over anything. Although this is late (stayed in April) I wanted to still give kudos to those who earned it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Hilton Palacio del Rio as part of a conference I attended. The hotel is fine and it is right across the street from the convention center. The rooms are are reasonably sized and cleanliness was ok. There are few issues that put this as an average hotel. First, if you have car there is no on site parking and it is $39 a day for valet parking. If you self park there is a city garage several blocks away you park at and then have to walk back to the hotel. We were not told when we pulled up to the front of the hotel that it was not an attached garage so we drug our luggage back to the hotel from the parking garage. The parking is about $12 a day so even if you enter and exit multiple times it is still cheaper than valet. Just be aware you should check in first and then park. The breakfast at the hotel was decent but we were charged incorrectly and the service was very slow. We did the buffet but our drinks were never refilled and it took 15 minutes to get our check after we asked for it. The hotel is located on the River Walk so that is nice but you can probably find other options that are closer and cheaper. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful in terms of directions and dinner options that is a plus. Overall, an average hotel for a stay in downtown San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear buckeyetravel - Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our central location and proximity to the convention center. I am sorry and apologize for the lack of service received in the restaurant and have passed along your comments to the food & beverage team to address with the staff. Our goal is to provide exceptional service every time. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
McGregor, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I called over 3 month ahead to make reservations. We requested a room with a river view and a balcony. The room did have a balcony but we were placed on the 8th floor. We had to stand up and lean over the balcony to see the river. We were not high enough to see anything of the town. The only view we had was a hugh greenish gray tank across from our balcony. We had to pay an extra fee to be able to look at this tank. The amount charged for this room was extreme for what we got.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Edna F - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding the view from your room. We typically assign rooms between floor 5 and 12 for guest that request a river view. We appreciate your comments and will evaluate them as we update our processes. Thank you again for staying with us.
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

If you need a hotel that is located extremely close to the convention center, this is a great hotel. The staff was incredibly nice. They worked quickly through the long lines of all of us that were checking in and they did it with a smile on their faces.
The room was clean. I ended up with a double, instead of a king but that was ok. The rooms are a touch on the small side and if you hear a loud 'bang' either at night or during get day, it is just someone else opening or closing the sliding closet! The rooms were surprisingly quiet for as small as they were.
The breakfast arrived every morning exactly on time for when I'd called for it the night before, although a little on the pricey side.
Nice hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed at many hotels in San Antonio along the river walk, The Grand Hyatt, Marriott River Center, Emily Morgan, Saint Antony and the Hilton Palacio Del Rio was by far my favorite. There is not one thing that I can complain about this hotel. The service was great. The hotel was clean and modern. I slept great. The location was right there on the river with everything right there within walking distance. I love that the hotel has balconies. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio October 27th -31st and had a wonderful visit. An hour after check in I stopped in the lobby to get directions to a business mixer and Logan Bass personally walked me the 6 blocks and delivered me to my meeting. The service I received was mind blowing!! I bragged about it to all of my co-workers because I was so thrilled with the treatment I received. Keep in mind by this time I had been on the road for three weeks and the week before received horrible service from a competitor hotel. This is the first time I have ever written a review but this experience prompted me to give the Hilton Palacio del Rio an A+. Also they recently renovated the hotel...so the historic look on the outside does not come close to the modern update on the inside. Plus every room has a balcony!! I had the sweetest housekeeper. When I tipped her she said that I made her day. Business travelers lets not forget to take care of those who take care of us when we are away from home! Logan, thank you for making sure I had a delightful visit. This is the first time in a long time that I don't have a single complaint about a hotel stay!!! I will come back to visit soon :)

PR

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear PRich98 - Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent business trip! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience! Our goal is to exceed expectations every time and Logan helps us do that. Thank you for recognizing him and we will definitely share your comments with the entire team. You will also be pleased to know we are in the process of painting the exterior of the hotel. Soon, the outside will be a better representation of the renovations inside. All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Hilton Palacio del Rio? Share your experiences!