“PERFECT for family vacation stay. GREAT LOCATION!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #177 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Smithville, Texas
“PERFECT for family vacation stay. GREAT LOCATION!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When I first read some of the other reviews, I had my doubts. But like my wife said, "It's the Hilton, you know their reputation", she was right as always. The staff are just wonderful and the location is inbetween SeaWorld, Six Flags, and Alamo Plaza. We are a famly of 4 and the stay was wonderful. No complaints here, other than I wish the vacation was longer. You'll love it......

Room Tip: Ask for the 14th floor rooms (apartment) they are awesome!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

In addition to your nightly rate they charge for a deposit. When we arrived they did not inform this to us, I had to find it on my bank statement. Also the pool was closed for maintenance and the internet was down. Tried to order movies in the room and the system was down. Would not stay here again rather stay at the Pear Tree in San Antonio.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had to check into this hotel at last minute when our flight home was cancelled due to a blizzard. The staff was incredibly nice, the room, while somewhat dated, was quiet, clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms seem to have been updated and are very nice, with good amenities, adequate space, and wonderful towels The location of the hotel is great if you want to get to one of the malls nearby, albeit across the freeway. The hotel did have a shuttle to the airport which was very convenient as we had already turned in our rental car. Their pool area seems very nice though it was unused by us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, as opposed to the beltway. (In summer, it may get a little noisy if...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked 1 night at this hotel at the last minute with zero research. I knew exactly where it was but had not stayed here before. Directly across the freeway and very easy to access Central Park Mall, and lots of other great shopping and restaurants nearby (as well as other hotels). I checked in with my daughter around 10:30 pm on a Tuesday, hoping for a quick and painless experience. After a brief wait, the clerk checked me in and asked if we were "both staying" (odd, since my reservation was for TWO), and said that they were completely booked and that I had been assigned a "handicap accessible" room. Since I've had these on occassion, I had no concerns, as my experience is that they have always been very similar with minor changes that don't impact my stay. Not the case at this hotel -- When we walked into room 919 we found a very small room with 1 double (not queen) bed, the room was clearly intended for 1 person. The shower head is hand held, and did not attach to the wall in a way that would allow a shower without holding the shower head. We returned to the front desk, again waited but quite a while longer, then a 2nd person came to assist with checking in guests. When I explained, she advised that they were completely booked, and I patiently responded that I had booked a room for 2 people. She was not optimistic about being able to assist. After several minutes of searching the system, she responded that she thought she might have something for me. After an extended period (with me keeping my mouth closed) we were given a room on the 5th floor with 2 double beds. While they did "make it right", there was no apology or explanation, and if I had been later I'm pretty sure it would have been TBSS. Aside from that - reviews are fairly spot-on: First room was very small and truly should be priced lower; comparable to a basic NYC room at the most. The 2nd room was exactly as expected, but across the board the hotel could use a "face lift" to appear modern. Everything (right down to the carpet) was clean and well maintained, just out of date. Fresh clean fluffy linens for bed and bath, comfortable beds but not pillow top or extraordinary, water could have been hotter but was adequate. There was a large dresser and other equipment sitting in the hallway to our room when we arrived and still there when we left at noon the next day. If the price was right I'd stay again, but not sure I'd highly recommend aside from good deal convenient to shopping and airport.

Room Tip: Room 919 is very small and has 1 double (not queen) bed.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I attended a conference in this hotel for a six day stay. It is close to the airport and numerous shopping areas and restaurants. Great parking garage. However, the courtesy vans that transported me from the airport were worn out. Both of them had body damage, missing hubcaps and numerous water stains on the interior upolstery. Not a good first impression. It seems that conference services is this hotels bread and butter. They do this well. Staff was friendly and professional. My room was quiet, clean and average in size. I had a King bed single. Two fulls or queens would have been two much for this room. Did I mention clean? This is important. It was very clean. Pool area was clean but paint and furniture was tired. Could use a repaint and new pool furniture. Business center needed to be larger. Three computers in a closet with a printer does not constitute a business center. Too small for three people to use at the same time. One computer was not connect to the printer. I tried to print my boarding passes for my flight and had to relog onto a different computer to start all over. Minifridge and microwave was a great asset during my stay. But, not all rooms had them. They need to be in every room! Restaurant and Bar "Tex's" was slightly above average. About what I would expect as satisfactory in a hotel like this. Could be better though. Hotel is older and could use a partial remodel. Not a complete remodel. Just a few upgrades could make this a great hotel! But, overall, the experience and value was very good and I will stay again.

Room Tip: I had a corner King single, non-smoking near elevator. My room was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I loved the hotel, I loved the amenities, the staff was great and very hands on. I had a room in the corner of the hotel and to say it was peaceful would be an understatement. It afforded me the kind of privacy that I cherish on trips such as this. The staff was very helpful and had no problem helping out when I needed it. The hotel is a distance from the main scene of the city but when you're active all day you want that time away from all of that anyway! I loved my time there and will definitely look forward to going back!

Room Tip: Get a corner room...very quiet and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SAHILTAP, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for the great comments....Have a great day.
Seguin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been having our annual conference at this hotel for more than 20 years. The staff is always courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. The food is above average for quality and the service is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!