“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 347 hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas, United States
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I loved the hotel, I loved the amenities, the staff was great and very hands on. I had a room in the corner of the hotel and to say it was peaceful would be an understatement. It afforded me the kind of privacy that I cherish on trips such as this. The staff was very helpful and had no problem helping out when I needed it. The hotel is a distance from the main scene of the city but when you're active all day you want that time away from all of that anyway! I loved my time there and will definitely look forward to going back!

Room Tip: Get a corner room...very quiet and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SAHILTAP, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for the great comments....Have a great day.

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seguin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have been having our annual conference at this hotel for more than 20 years. The staff is always courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious. The food is above average for quality and the service is very good.

Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is within 15 minutes of the airport, close to a mall and numerous restaurants. The entry is a little awkward, but just read the signs and it takes you into the parking garage. I found it a positive to be able to park before I checked in, short walk into hotel. Check-in went well and quick, hotel is a bit dated, not bad, but moore important it was but clean. My room was not small as some commented, no visible issues and everything worked well. I don't mind my Hiltons being dated as long as they are clean, and I did not find anything but that. It was a busy property, but was greeted numerous times by staff and was a good stay. Overall, the value/experience was very good and will stay again.

Covington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business trip. No real problems as other reviews
Service: found service to be excellent at all times
Restaurant: Tex's was closed for renovation which was a bummer but they did serve food in bar and it was very good, service excellent
parking: you have to go behind hotel in garage, no out front parking which is unusual but it works out fine, not far to walk
Room: Not large but has what you need, bed was typical Hilton comfortable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While in the area for business, I thought I was getting a great deal for the money. Parking was kinda crazy but not that bad, checking in was ok, but like many other travelers is was not until I got to my room that I was taken away. Very small room, felt like a NYC hotel, very small and out dated. One towel for a two night stay, limited in room amenties. Your basic hotel trying to nickel and dime you for everything from parking fees ( free at hotel next door ), pay for internet, pay for lousy breakfast. management just didnt seem to care that an HHonors member ( this series of trips made me Platinum ) was staying at there hotel and would be reviewing them, Just not worth the effort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

We value all our guests and especially the HHonors Diamond members, your candid comments will be shared with the staff as we really do care about our guests experience. We haven't charged for parking for over a year so please give us a call so we can refund your parking. We will be updating the property later this year so we hope if your in the area you will give us another shot.

Thanks again and have a great day.
Iowa Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to a conference. When I arruvwd there was no parking in front to go and check in. When I did finally get to the front desk the girl had sonething else to take care of because she would forget if she didn't do it then. Left me standing for several minutes until I went to the other guy working the desk who never offered to help me. He never told me where the elevators were or where to park. Luckily people in my group told me of the parking garage. This is a very old hotel in need of major repairs!! The elevator in the parking garage was so scarey!! Our meeting room was not big enough for our group.

• Stayed January 2013
SAHILTAP, Manager at Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room as well as elevator and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Hilton San Antonio Airport Management
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff were super helpful. The complimentary shuttle service was fantastic getting one to and from the airport. The room was clean. It is located close to a mall. They did a great job getting our meeting attendees optional salad/soup/meal buffet during lunch time. The food was great and affordable. Overall--great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!