“Review of DoubleTree Inn, San Antonio near airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport

You added DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough), at McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
North Star Mall Package
Ranked #135 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sandpoint, United States
“Review of DoubleTree Inn, San Antonio near airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good rooms - large and roomy. Get room facing courtyard - it's beautiful, and quieter than road noise. No hair dryer in room, which would have irritated my wife if she had been with me. All the staff extremely friendly and efficient. Everything else was great, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello David S.,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us with improving our service and quality.

The team will be excited to see your review of them being friendly and efficient as they have been working hard to deliver a memorable experience. I am sorry our hairdryer was missing from the room and we will be sure to follow up with our housekeeping department to ensure our bagged hairdryer is on the inside of the bathroom door the next time you come back to see us. If you felt there was anything we could have done differently to improve your stay, please either email or call me directly at my contact information below. Your opinion of us matters and we want to hear your feedback.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio. We truly value you!

DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Airport
210.321.4801 (direct)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I arrived after a long day at the airport. I was tired and the cookie was warm and the staff friendly. Room service food arrived warm and the beer cold. The bed was very soft, almost too soft. The only complaint I have is the noise. Doors slamming and loud voices until after 10 pm made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Donna R,

Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback on this site as well as Hilton.

I am hoping you will contact me as I requested with your Hilton review as well. Your opinion of us matters and your valuable information will assist us in improving our service and quality.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Sugar land, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My son has severe food allergy and I have to always bring his food from home . I requested a microwave and refrigerator and they said they had given to other peopkle first . I told them i needed that for healthy issues but they did not care. My son had a terrible moment staying in this hotel. Total lack of respect!!!! You do not know how stressful is to have someone with life threatening allergy. I will never go back to this hotel!!!!!

Hello Luiz A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us with our service and quality.

I am very disappointed to hear about our lack of urgency and compassion regarding your son and his allergy. After reading your comments, I would have felt the same way as you did. This is not how we operate, however, we obviously did with you and I am very sorry. Please either email or call me directly at my contact information below so I can follow up on the issues you presented.

Thank you again for your review. I realize we might have lost you as our guest, but I do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We really do value you!

Regards,

San Antonio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Arrived at hotel and representative was not very helpful he was in a bad mood. Hotel was sold out and he stated he had giving my room reservations to another guest. The rep was dirty and he was chewing tobacco and had tattoos showing on both of his arms. He finally gave me a room with king bed when I had made reservations for double beds as I was traveling with my son. We checked in to room was hot and humid AC was not working they had two bring two fans into the room. Needles to say it was a very uncomfortable night noisy and hot. I have stayed as this property before for business and pleasure and i'm a Hilton honors guest. Very disappoint. with hotel and Hilton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Connie H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated as it does assist us with improving our service and quality.

I am extremely disappointed to hear about our lack of professionalism we had towards you and your son. Being new to the hotel myself, this will be addressed with our team immediately. I am so sorry you had this experience with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask if you could please either email or call me directly at my contact information below. Please be assured we take all comment seriously so we may learn from our errors.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to speak to you about it soon. I realize we might have lost you as our guest, but I hope you will reconsider the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio. You are a valued guest to us!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stay in lots of Doubletrees, and this is the worst facility I have stayed in. The room was dirty and old, the heat didn't work (on a rare San Antonio cold spell), and there was limited hot water. The staff was nice, and it's near the airport, but I will not be staying at this facility again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Steve O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable and helps us improve our hotel.

I am disappointed to hear about your stay with us and would like to learn more about the issues you encountered regarding the cleanliness, the non working heat and limited hot water. I ask that you please either email or call me directly at my contact information below. Your valuable insight will be beneficial to our hotel and would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and I realize we might have lost you as our guest, but we do hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio. You are truly valued!

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I was here for three nights for a meeting. This was clearly designed for indoor/outdoor living and I was there during a particularly cold spell. That meant that all of the facilities were quite cold but I can see that in good weather the outdoor areas could be very nice.

Overall this hotel just looked a little run down and tired. Not dirty, just in need of some rennovation. The beds and towels were good.

The hotel restaurant was just passable but nothing more than that.

The true bright spot was the staff. All of them were very helpful, friendly and professional. Definitely an asset.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello freetr,

Thank you for your detailed comments on our hotel. The team will be excited to read them as they work hard to deliver a memorable experience. With service and cleanliness, we look to those two areas where we can shine above the age of the hotel. We are pleased you felt that when you stayed with us. If there was anything additional you felt we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinion is important to us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio. We value you as our guest!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you like top notch service for your next business meeting then this is the hotel for you and your company. The food is excellent and the staff is professional, cheerful and extremely helpful feom the shuttle driver to the housekeeping staff, you cannot ask for better services at affordable prices and great location!

Hello TripAdvisor member,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. The team will be excited to read them as they are working hard to deliver a memorable experience. If there was anything additional you felt we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinion is important to us.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio. We value you as our guest!

210.321.4801 (direct)

Been to DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!