“Nice for business or leisure.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport

You added DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough), at McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #130 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
FOLEY
“Nice for business or leisure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed for a week on business training. It was a nice hotel, pretty to look at from the outside and from the inside - lovely courtyard. I was disappointed that a free breakfast wasn't included in the room price, but it turned out my meeting included continental breakfast everyday, so that was fine after all. The room was nice enough, comfortable, well-appointed. The bathroom was very small but nicely done (LOVED the wrought iron towel hangers - looked hand forged) and the tub was awesome - an oval soaking tub. The location is great for business meetings - close to lots of restaurants and some shopping. However, it's not in the heart of it all . It's right next to the airport, so it's a long way to the Riverwalk from this hotel - keep it in mind if location is important to you.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard surely have the nicest view, but they are likely to be more noisy an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed on a Sunday night before a flight out of San Antonio. The room was clean and quiet. There were 2 sets of elevators, one by the front desk and one in the pool area. Both were quick and convenient. My room looked over the parking lot right over my car. The glass doors opened for a breeze (if wanted). The staff were courteous and friendly. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Doubletree Hotel isn't a new hotel but it is a nice place. Before making my reservation I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and learned not all travelers had a good experience. There is always good and bad experiences in hotels, but you should consider this property for many reasons:
1. The service was professional and helpful.
2. The rooms are clean and the linens were quality, but the bathrooms were smaller.
3. There is a plethora of eating and shopping options that close.
4. The Airport is really close, too.

As I entered my room and was organizing my things, the road noise from I-410 was louder than what I liked. I must have been more tired than I realized because it did not get in the way of my sleeping sound. The beds were comfortable and the TV worked for my son and I. There are plenty of choices in the area in regard to lodging, but not be hesitant about staying in this DoubleTree.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed here during the TMEA convention in San Antonio. We had originally booked another hotel, which over booked it's rooms. The Doubletree took us in, and were nothing but the best! The staff were very helpful, the rooms were extremely clean, the beds comfy. The bar and restaurant were also nice additions, with a good selection of items to choose from on the menu. I would definitely come back to stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Emerson, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here on our last night of our San Antonio area trip. Previously we had stayed downtown at the Home2Suites and the Staybridge Suites in Corpus Christi. We needed something close to the airport the night before we left and I had some Hilton points to burn. I admit we chose this hotel due to its relative low cost for Hilton points. For this stay it was my wife and I and we're in our mid-30's and we tend to stay in a range of accommodations.

We arrived later in the evening (around 8 PM) on a weekend night so I'm sure many of the better rooms were full. Lobby and the hotel layout in general looks like it was exceptionally fancy 30 years ago, but not just feels tired. No problem with the service at the hotel. Front desk was efficient and pleasant.

After staying in a couple of extended stay hotels the hotel room we had was a bit cramped, but probably average size. Bathroom was a bit small. I agree with the no counter space issue, but we worked it out. My first issue with the hotel was the layout. I'm sure it is convenient when you can go outside, but it was a bit chilly that night and it takes a while to wander around the hallways. My second complaint was that the door to the balcony would not latch shut. Not a security risk, since we were on a higher floor, but just seemed cheap. Last minor complaint was the relative noise through walls and doors. Some hotels are just better than others and this one I found to be a bit noisy.

In general I just feel average about this hotel. I wouldn't go back with all the other options in the area, but it did meet our needs for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
While my staff and I can't change most of what you mentioned in your review of the hotel, we do our best to provide the best service everyday. I haven't seen any mention of a balcony door not locking on our Front Desk reports lately, but I will have all of them checked. Perhaps the night you stayed was cold, but in San Antonio that's an anomoly!

Thank you for your comments, without feedback from our guests we would be unable to correct our mistakes.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Miss matched furniture, burn marks in the bathroom, would never stay here again. This hotel was selected because of its proximity to the airport. Thank god I only needed to stay one night. The bathroom was run down with nasty patches on the ceiling over the tub and stains on the painted walls. No counter space on the sink. If the cost of the room were less or it the brand was not Hilton I would have expected less.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Hernandez:

Please accept my apologies for the conditions you found in your room during your recent stay with us. I went to check the room you stayed in and put it out of order to be general cleaned. As a way of apology I will be issuing a credit for your stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know so I can correct what is wrong.

Regards,

Julie Robey
Enterprise, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Working for the US Army they put us up here at the motel and have done so for a long time. It is always a great stay. Lots of food places close and right across from the North Star Mall and the giant cowboy boots! The rooms are wonderful and they have a really nice guest laundry for those of us that spend a couple of weeks there. The beds were great and very nice place to stay. Love the inner courtyard and sitting out there after class. The only funny story I can tell is the classes used to be on the Riverwalk and when the first ones were done at this location we asked why the change. Our instructor told us that even though the Army got a better rate on the Riverwalk, it looked bad for us to be staying in such a luxourious place so they moved out here where it cost a little more but did not look as bad to "taxpayers". Love the way the government thinks! Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The motel restuarant is expensive but the breakfast buffet is great. All of the rooms I have stayed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!