“No way this hotel should be branded as a Hilton.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport

You added DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough), at McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #130 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“No way this hotel should be branded as a Hilton.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Miss matched furniture, burn marks in the bathroom, would never stay here again. This hotel was selected because of its proximity to the airport. Thank god I only needed to stay one night. The bathroom was run down with nasty patches on the ceiling over the tub and stains on the painted walls. No counter space on the sink. If the cost of the room were less or it the brand was not Hilton I would have expected less.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Mr. Hernandez:

Please accept my apologies for the conditions you found in your room during your recent stay with us. I went to check the room you stayed in and put it out of order to be general cleaned. As a way of apology I will be issuing a credit for your stay with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know so I can correct what is wrong.

Regards,

Julie Robey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Enterprise, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Working for the US Army they put us up here at the motel and have done so for a long time. It is always a great stay. Lots of food places close and right across from the North Star Mall and the giant cowboy boots! The rooms are wonderful and they have a really nice guest laundry for those of us that spend a couple of weeks there. The beds were great and very nice place to stay. Love the inner courtyard and sitting out there after class. The only funny story I can tell is the classes used to be on the Riverwalk and when the first ones were done at this location we asked why the change. Our instructor told us that even though the Army got a better rate on the Riverwalk, it looked bad for us to be staying in such a luxourious place so they moved out here where it cost a little more but did not look as bad to "taxpayers". Love the way the government thinks! Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The motel restuarant is expensive but the breakfast buffet is great. All of the rooms I have stayed...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This has been my go to hotel for short weekend getaways an hour or two from home. The Spanish villa architecture is quite charming. In the future I will be requesting an outside facing room rather than courtyard view due to privacy. The courtyard view is separated by a public walkway so your view will have other guests walking by. For this reason I have never opened my curtains or the courtyard door entry. Recently stayed in a non-courtyard, higher floor room and felt more comfortable opening the curtains, as well as the French doors, that lead outside to a teensy little patio. (For security and common sense, its best not to sleep with any door open or unlocked, patio or otherwise.) During a stay in December 2012 we were greeted with flyers indicating short term digital tv trouble and a menu change. In planning for a future chilled out "staycation", I am bummed to read, in another review, that the t.v. situation is still not fixed. Really? This is 2013!
The staff has always been great and personally never a problem with bugs. Beds are comfy and the room is clean. (Yes, the bathroom is small.) Room service is adequate, but the food is basic, however they don't advertise as a culinary destination. May never get to taste this menu change if the digital t.v. is still on the blink.
Being billed as an airport hotel, it doesn't give off that busy, cold vibe. There are lots of families and you can always find some formerly dressed "abuelitas" (grandmothers) in the lobby, waiting for the rest of the family, for a special occasion out.
The t.v. situation sounds trivial, but if your personal get-away includes relaxing and t.v., this is an issue.

Room Tip: A public walkway is between your room and the courtyard, if you choose a courtyard view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
The TV issue that we had in December is cleared up now. You are welcome to come back and stay with us again. Please let us know if you ever have any problems, we are happy to help!
Plano, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We only stayed 1 night, but I would certainly go back again. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and we loved the ambiance! I felt like I was in an Italian Villa. The inner courtyard was magnificent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Burlington VT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Some Doubletrees are fantastic, some not so much. Overall the place is dated. Room felt old. However, It was kept-up and clean. I meant to check out the pool & hot tub but it was chilly and those are located outside in the center courtyard which I liked the look of.

Staff was mostly fine. Heat didn't work in the room and they fixed it when I was gone. Not sure why the repair-person felt the need to set the thermostat to 90?!?

Breakfast buffet was pretty good and plentiful. Lots of people so that's a good indication. Dinner was okay... not bad but nothing outstanding which would explain why there was only 2 of us eating. More people in the bar then the dining room.

Maybe I should rate it Average but Doubletree should mean something like outstanding or even very good but it didn't in this case. There are other better places nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thun, Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't know if I have ever stayed at a hotel with friendlier and helpful staff as with this hotel. Yes it was dated, but rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff were beyond belief. Every morning i was greeted by very eager to please waitress/waiters for a nice breakfast buffet, you can also order from the kitchen. My television wasn't working properly and it took only minutes for someone to fix it, actuatlly minutes later a second service man was there to fix it. The only complaint I have is the television. The digital just didn't work no matter what they did. This is something they need to work on. There were no BUGS. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Bugs... raggity, poor attention to detail, counter ppl especially night team has no ppl skills and apologies for a horrible experience is too much to ask for. Tried to be nice but just got way too frustrated by the 3rd time i was moved. Always have issues when i stay here, onlyreason didnt go anywhere else, too tired and my company likes Hilton properties.... i will recommend never this one again.

• Stayed January 2013
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Please accept my apologies for the very unfortunate experience that you had at the hotel recently. Our guests' health and safety is extremely important to us and we focus a great deal of our time and attentino on that. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and correct any pest situation that might occur. We have shared your comments with our Front office staf and promise that your situaton has been addressed.

Been to DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!