“Labor day weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   37 NE Loop 410 (at McCullough), at McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78216   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #136 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Labor day weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here for a baseball tournament along with other members of the team. I travelled with my husband and 3 teenagers. The double beds are small and no rollaway was available for our double room because of fire hazard. I wish another option would have been offered to us at check in so we would have been a little less cramped. However, room was comfortable and clean, staff was friendly. Kids were happy. Good stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here with friends for a weekend during a convention, and we had no problems. There is a free shuttle available to and from the airport. You are given complimentary cookies and water once you are picked up. I loved the cookies so much I would call the front desk and ask for more with no problems. Checking in was a breeze, and the wonderful woman at the front desk who helped me made me feel so welcome. Our room was clean and the only problem we had was the bathroom sink not draining properly, but that was quickly fixed. The bar is a good place if you just want to sit and have a drink without any noise. Whoever the bartender was the Saturday night we stayed there was awesome! The hotel does seem a little dark and outdated in the hallways but who cares. I didn't have any surprises at check out. If I need to stay in this part of San Antonio again I would consider this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks for the great review of our staff! I'll be sharing with them and buying them dinner tonight!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree San Antonio Airport from the 21st to the 23rd of August. Had a little rough time checking in as we pulled up to the drive and the bellman was short with me and told me to move my vehicle so the shuttle van could park on the drive. Checked in and went to our room. Overall the beds were more comfortable compared to the other Doubletree downtown. The room had that hotel smell consistent with older hotels. Went to the pool and hot tub for a swim. We had a little trouble locating towels to dry off with and asked a staff member who kindly showed us where they were. He noticed there was only one towel left and said he would return with more which never happened. We ended up sharing a towel to dry off with. Went back up to the room and started watching tv. I had noticed the HD channels were not working and requested someone to take a look at it. Come to find out the tv was bad and they switched it out for another one. The next day we had issues with the toilet taking too long to fill up and the sink draining too slow. Reported it to the front desk who promptly reported it to the maintenance staff to fix. The front desk agent profusely apologized and offered to assign us a different room. I respectfully declined as we were already settled into the room and didn't want the hassle of moving. I was offered a comp voucher for breakfast which was really nice of the agent. Overall the front desk staff was wonderful (day shift). I loved the charm of the hotel with the Spanish flavor and wonderful courtyard. I do feel the hotel is in need of a refresh as it is showing some signs of age. Try the breakfast buffet and their omlets. The wait staff was wonderful and very accommodating. I would have no problems with staying here again. Thanks to the staff and their efforts to resolve situations and making a guest feel welcome(front desk day shift and restaurant staff).

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on our way out of town... we had a 7 AM flight out of San Antonio airport, and this place was perfect. The front desk was friendly, rooms were clean, lobby was very nice, and the shuttle driver gave us great directions to the rental car return. We were very pleased with our stay.
The only downside was the distance from the elevators to our room... we had a lot of luggage we had to organize for our trip home, so everything had to come up to the room from the car. It was a bit of a hike from the elevators.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevators if you have a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

A little over priced due to the goings on in town this weekend, overall, a very nice hotel. Will stall here again if I need to, but will make sure to book in advance. As always, I was greeted with the standard warm Double Tree cookie, but, because of my"rewards status", I was also given two bottles of water. The bottles normally run $2.25. A little pricey for water, so be prepared.

• Stayed August 2012
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for you great rating of the hotel. I'm not sure where you found the price of water at $2.25, perhaps it was the vending machine, but those bottles of water are the 20oz Dasani's. The same price as all of the hotels in our area. Don't worry, if you ask the Front Desk for another one, they would gladly give you another!
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at a DoubleTree hotel before in San Diego and that was a good experience, so I thought my family would have one too. What a big difference compared to that one. I've traveled a lot due to my job, and I've stayed at Choice Hotels, Hampton Inns, Super 8, 1 star to 4 star hotels. This hotel is in need of some serious renovations and slowly falling apart. The coffee maker in the room had old coffee that had been sitting there for days. There were bed bugs or some other insects in my room. Every time we layed down on the bed, itches and rashes would later develop. Carpets were also old and dirty as well as the bathroom. No free buffet even though we had gold status membership. I've had better experiences at many 2.5 star hotels with free and better buffets than the overpriced one they charge here. The only thing 3.5 star at this place is their imagination that this is a high class hotel. I am sure some people got better rooms and had better experiences, but if you read through all the reviews on this site, you can see it all depends on what room they happen to give you and who you have the fortunate or unfortunate (if you had a bad experience) opportunity to deal with during your stay. So, if you want to stay at a DoubleTree, that is fine because they are usually good, but STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS ONE IN SAN ANTONIO!!!

Room Tip: Go to another DoubleTree or find a cheaper 2.5 star hotel that deserves their rating!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Julie R, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. We do provide breakfast for Gold Hhonors members so I don't know how we missed that for you. We do however take reports for bugs/insects in our guest rooms very seriously. If you would like to contact me so I can take the room out-of-room to have it checked, I would be happy to offer compensation for the problems you encountered. However you if wish to remain anonymous, I would certainly understand. You could leave a message for me at 210-321-4801 or respond via e-mail. Either way I would be grateful for the information. Thank-you for your review.

julie.robey@us.whg.com
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip, and was pleased. The proximity to the airport is nice, and there are quite a few restaurants near. The Alamo Drafthouse is also close(if you have never been, go!) The restaurant and bar were also above average.

All of the service I received was top notch. I would definitely recommend the property.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the rooms that open out to the courtyard. Noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Hotel San Antonio Airport? Share your experiences!