“A little out of the way but the customer service is exceptional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   502 West Cesar E. Chavez Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78207 (Formerly Radisson Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Square)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #134 of 352 hotels in San Antonio
New York City, New York
“A little out of the way but the customer service is exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was a little concerned about staying an unwalkable distance from the riverwalk, but their courtesy van driver was more than willing to take everyone where they needed to be. I have to say their customer service from the desk staff to the manager to the bartenders to the wait staff were really on par with the finest hotels I've ever visited. Everything was done just right, great attention to detail and customer service. Their cute little pool was well maintained with towel clean up regularly, nice but small but acceptable gym with cardio machines having their own TVs. The food was so good in their little restaurant I begged for their salad dressing recipe for their southwestern caesar salad. Topped with shrimp salad it was incredible. Even their breakfast was great - wanted an omlette instead of the buffet - no problem. Jesse, Corey, and Erica were very attentive and will go far if they choose to stay in the service industry. One last thing - as a business traveler I HATE when hotels bring in groups of kids - and in spring it's common place - so when I saw a large bus drop off a bunch of kids from Arkansas as it turned out - I was a tad concerned about the usual noise. But the manager was smart enough to keep them together and AWAY from the business guest rooms - GREATLY appreciated and wish other hotels would do this as well.

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there on a business trip and it seemed like a good option to me. I am not sure what the regular prices were but the conference negotiated ones seemed good to me. I think the only thing I did not like was that the front desk was always too busy (probably because they always had more customers than a single staff person could handle)

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently had a 2 night stay at this hotel. Check in was a little chaotic, as we were checking in quite late(11:00PM) and there was only 1 person working the desk. She was friendly and apologetic, and placed our 3 rooms together. The warm cookies are awesome! When we got to our rooms, I was in 613? Not sure if this is the correct floor, but I know the room was '13'. I couldn't get the key to work and had to go to another guest room and call. Turns out my door handle had to be pulled up as I slid the key rather than pushed down, and the timing had to be exact. Once inside, the room was clean and spacious. The beds are sleep number, but my remote wasn't working properly. and I had to switch sides. The breakfast buffet is very good, lots of hot and cold items. The lobby is very spacious, with sitting areas and a computer area. I was attending an event at the Alamodome, and it was about 2 mi away. I wold definitely stay here again, but ask about my door handle if I were in a room that ends in '13'.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved the Hotel,right in the middle of everything. The rooms were very nice,and the bed was super comfortable,we also enjoyed the breakfast. The only thing that we didn't like was the fact that the staff didn't tell us that the shuttle bus didn't run on sunday's.

Room Tip: Know what type of room you like....etc room with a view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff was very nice, welcoming and helpful. Breakfast buffet was good. The bed was extremely comfortable. As always cookies are good and walking the distance to my downtown meeting actually made me feel it was ok to have 2!

Anderson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Traveled back to San Antonio February 22-24 for another volleyball tournament. This time, we stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton downtown. CHecked in around 7 pm. Staff was so friendly and greeted us with warm chocolate chip cookies! Check in process was easy and our reservations were easily found. We had booked about 5 weeks out. 2 weeks prior to check in, I also received an email reminding me of the stay and asking if I had any questions. That is a nice feature!
Room was clean, linens new in appearance, and decor was updated. I had to call downstairs a time or two to ask questions about this or that and Daniel (the deskclerk) was helpful and professional. We were there for two nights. I appreciated the way they made us feel special, although we were just one room of many volleyballers there for the tournament.
Room service was ordered the last morning. French toast, pan fried potatoes and thick slices of ham- delicious!!! The dinner we had on night #2 in the dining room was alo yummy. Prices were comparable to dining out. Servers were professional. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for our 3 year anniversary. Good location to and from the River Walk. The hotel will shuttle you to and from the River Walk area but we walked one evening. Not very far to walk. Would stay again if in the area AND the cookies are great. You can have as many as you want.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (6th) great room and view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown? Share your experiences!