“Good option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   502 West Cesar E. Chavez Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78207 (Formerly Radisson Hotel San Antonio Downtown Market Square)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2X Points Package
Ranked #117 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Good option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there on a business trip and it seemed like a good option to me. I am not sure what the regular prices were but the conference negotiated ones seemed good to me. I think the only thing I did not like was that the front desk was always too busy (probably because they always had more customers than a single staff person could handle)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently had a 2 night stay at this hotel. Check in was a little chaotic, as we were checking in quite late(11:00PM) and there was only 1 person working the desk. She was friendly and apologetic, and placed our 3 rooms together. The warm cookies are awesome! When we got to our rooms, I was in 613? Not sure if this is the correct floor, but I know the room was '13'. I couldn't get the key to work and had to go to another guest room and call. Turns out my door handle had to be pulled up as I slid the key rather than pushed down, and the timing had to be exact. Once inside, the room was clean and spacious. The beds are sleep number, but my remote wasn't working properly. and I had to switch sides. The breakfast buffet is very good, lots of hot and cold items. The lobby is very spacious, with sitting areas and a computer area. I was attending an event at the Alamodome, and it was about 2 mi away. I wold definitely stay here again, but ask about my door handle if I were in a room that ends in '13'.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved the Hotel,right in the middle of everything. The rooms were very nice,and the bed was super comfortable,we also enjoyed the breakfast. The only thing that we didn't like was the fact that the staff didn't tell us that the shuttle bus didn't run on sunday's.

Room Tip: Know what type of room you like....etc room with a view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff was very nice, welcoming and helpful. Breakfast buffet was good. The bed was extremely comfortable. As always cookies are good and walking the distance to my downtown meeting actually made me feel it was ok to have 2!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anderson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Traveled back to San Antonio February 22-24 for another volleyball tournament. This time, we stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton downtown. CHecked in around 7 pm. Staff was so friendly and greeted us with warm chocolate chip cookies! Check in process was easy and our reservations were easily found. We had booked about 5 weeks out. 2 weeks prior to check in, I also received an email reminding me of the stay and asking if I had any questions. That is a nice feature!
Room was clean, linens new in appearance, and decor was updated. I had to call downstairs a time or two to ask questions about this or that and Daniel (the deskclerk) was helpful and professional. We were there for two nights. I appreciated the way they made us feel special, although we were just one room of many volleyballers there for the tournament.
Room service was ordered the last morning. French toast, pan fried potatoes and thick slices of ham- delicious!!! The dinner we had on night #2 in the dining room was alo yummy. Prices were comparable to dining out. Servers were professional. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for our 3 year anniversary. Good location to and from the River Walk. The hotel will shuttle you to and from the River Walk area but we walked one evening. Not very far to walk. Would stay again if in the area AND the cookies are great. You can have as many as you want.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (6th) great room and view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked a room for one night for a quick weekend getaway. After spending the day at Sea World, we arrived at the hotel to check-in only to be standing their waiting for over 10 minutes with 2 very tired children. The lady at the desk then proceeded to check us in while talking on the phone. She barely said two words to us. Then she failed to give us our breakfast coupons (we booked a bed and breakfast rate since doubletree does not offer a complimentary breakfast), so we decided to ask the other front desk person, since he was not preoccupied talking on the phone. He gave us our breakfast coupons, but then, the kids asked where their cookies were. Even my 11 and 5 year old know that the Doubletree is supposed to give you cookies at check in. After getting our cookies, we proceeded to our room only to find that it was not the room we had booked. We booked suite dreams beds not select comfort, because of a prior experience with select comfort beds that did not work properly (at THIS hotel). We grabbed all of our stuff and proceeded back down to the check-in desk to point out to the manager that this was not the room that we had reserved. After about 20 minutes, he was able to get us into the room that we had confirmed on our reservation.

If not for all the trouble at the check in desk, I would have given this hotel a much better rating. The rooms are clean, and yes the bathroom door is a bit strange, just a sliding door, but it isn't the first hotel I have stayed in where the bathroom doesn't offer complete privacy. I really like the location, since it is in walking distance to the Mexican Market and it's restaurants (Yummmm....). And, if you want to go down to the riverwalk/Alamo, you can take the hotel shuttle down there at no charge, and don't have to pay for parking, which can be quite expensive depending on where you park. I suggest taking the shuttle down and walking back via Commerce street. Stop halfway at Jerry's Chicago style hot dogs and grab a hot dog, polish, or Italian Beef. Then walk down to the Mexican market and you can shop and eat your way through and still feel good when you make it back to the hotel. And, please don't eat at the hotel, (unless it's breakfast, which is OK, big selection, but remember it is a HOTEL breakfast-i.e. powdered eggs) there are so many wonderful places to eat in San Antonio.

Overall, I like this hotel, due to it's clean rooms and reasonable price. We have stayed here before and did not encounter the check in issues we had this time. I just wish they would improve and be consistent with their customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family