“Personal” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #223 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“Personal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very poor facilities for being in a medical area, knowing that most would be for medical issues. Need to be taken out of the ad that the location of the venue is in the medical area. Also, blood splashed was evident on wall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn NW Medical Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn NW during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We have taken adequate steps to provide all the facilities to our guests visiting for medical purposes. We also have engaged a professional cleaning team, with a strict instruction to ensure the best hygiene at all times.

Please make a note of our efforts and we invite you once again to stay with us in future and have an all new experience.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I didn't even stay there due to the fact that I had called ahead of time to make sure that my reservation had gone through and to let Days Inn know the accommodations needed for my stay there and well, I got the rudest person I have ever encountered in my life named Gina. Not only was she rude she was inconsiderate and not accommodating. I had booked two rooms and one of the rooms needed to have a king bed and the other room needed to have two queen beds both nonsmoking. Well she went off telling me that the rooms did get booked but I got one room with a queen bed and the other room with a king bed in the smoking area and I get what I get. I had explained to her that I have a medical ill child that is allergic to smoke and has asthma and that that room would be a health risk for him. She then stated (rudely) that she did have a room in the nonsmoking area with two queen beds, but I would need to pay $40 extra a night for the room. I couldn't believe that she was charging me more because I couldn't stay in a smoking room because of my medically ill child! I quickly canceled my reservation and went to a 4star hotel for the same price that she was going to charge me extra at the Days Inn. If they treat their guests through the phone this way I could imagine face to face. Again I didn't stay there, but by reading the other reviews I am glad I did not stay there: I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience regarding the booking issue and the inconsiderate behavior of our staff.

We have investigated and however unlikely such an incident may be, have taken steps and assure you that the hotel staff provide the best hospitality and guest support. All hotel staff has been given training to ensure that such a thing does never happens again.

Systems have been put in place to ensure a smooth check in for all our guests.

We hope that you will surely make a note of this and choose us once again to stay with and have a different experience.

Humble, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Overall the stay was one of my better stays at the hotel chain. After being out all day with nice to come back to a clean hotel room. Bed was made nicely, towels clean and folded. Bathroom tile could have been cleaner, but not a biggie. Only complaint I would say about the hotel would be the wifi. It was for the most part decent. But getting online after midnite was a crap shoot. I called the front desk and the attendant was trying to talk to me like I had no clue how to connect to wifi. Then I was told he couldn't get to the router until the morning. oey I explained to him if my TWO laptops couldn't connect to the router, it's on YOUR end. When checking out I told the front desk about it and they said they'd work on it. If it wasn't for my having my own wifi as a backup, this stay would have been a real sour.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Our room was infested with crickets and bugs we have never seen before. The smoking rooms were the ones that attracted the most bugs, so i called the front office to switch to a none smoking room. We got there, and whata ya know...More Bugs. They were in the bathroom, THE BED, and the door way. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: if u like bugs in your bed than this is the place for u!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
javera1961, Revenue Manager at Days Inn NW Medical Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your review.
We're sorry that you had problems during your stay. We take pride in our hotel and want to make sure every guest has a comfortable enjoyable experience while they are staying with us.
We have made management aware of the situation and have discussed the problem with our housekeepers and they will make an extra effort to control the crickets during the time of year when they are most prevalent. Cricket hatches are a short lived seasonal event that unfortunately we can 't control.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you travel to San Antonio.
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at tis hotel twice. The first time we were on th back side of the hotel and everthin seemed fine. We stayed may 2012 for our second trip and it was horrible. There were roaches, carpet turned feet/socks black, bathrom was not cleaned upon arrival. Our first night was not bad, we did notice alot of traffic in and out. The second night the hotel rep on duty was kicking hookers (yes hookers) out of the hotel. As we walked to the car we were approached by a man who was from the Econo lodge in the same parking lot. It turns out he was the pimp of thehookers and was tryingto get my husband to go use them! He them asked alot of questions like if we were going out for the night, what kind of radio was in our car etc. We did not feel safe. Will not stay here again even if price is lower.

• Stayed May 2012
daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn NW Medical Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your reviews, the following actions were taken:

• Management was approached about setting up a system which would help the hotel representative on duty to be able to kick hookers out of the hotel.

• Management was approached about the man from the Econo Lodge who approached us, concerning making use of the hookers.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn NW Medical Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Some good, some OK and some bad at this hotel. Good: very good rate, front desk helpful, heat and AC worked good, bed comfortable and sheets clean. OK: furniture a little worn, bed cover had stains, breakfast did not give much to choose from, and some traffic noise from Walmart next door till about 10 or 11 at night. Bad: carpet very dirty, wifi did not work,.
I did not mark off for the disturbance on my second night here. I dont think it was the hotels fault, and they did apologise for the disturbance and offer to move me to another room. About 8 or 10 US marshalls with automatic weapons, battering ram, and body armor raided the room above me and arrested some people. A lot of comotion for about 10 minutes and then another hour of flashing lights and coming and going of officers. It did add some excitement to my stay!

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the property get traffic noise from Walmart next door
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The employees were all very friendly and helpful and the property was generally well kept. Sadly the room I was in was not that well kept, it already showed it's use of guests that probably often just don't care how they treat a room. Also, I would describe the cleanliness as acceptable, but not really that good (hairs on one of the towels and a bit of dust on the TV). My last point of contention is that the free wifi does not work in rooms further away from the reception (including mine), which is a bit annoying.

So, when you get a good deal online this Days Inn might be good value, which I would say is above average for cheap motels, but I would say it is not worth it if you don't get a good deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn NW Medical Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to get feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve our service and facilities and provide the best possible value for our guests.
We've shared your comments about the cleanliness with our staff and we're currently having the Wireless internet throughout the hotel upgraded to provide better service and a stronger signal.
We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in San Antonio.

Been to Days Inn NW Medical Center? Share your experiences!