“Fantastic stay - as usual” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SeaWorld San Antonio
Ranked #49 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Florida City, Florida
“Fantastic stay - as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel four or five times in as many years. It is always superb. The bed is super comfortable, spacious, quiet rooms. The check in staff is efficient and gracious. Venetia Flowers was very friendly; helpful in sharing shopping destinations and public transportation information.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor and had a cathedral ceiling in the room, making it feel even larger.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Elln34225,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for continuing to return to Marriott Plaza as a loyal guest. I truly appreciate your business. I am happy that each time the hotel and the staff are superb and always go above and beyond. Venetia is amazing and she was thrilled to read your review. I will be sure to share your review with the entire team.

We all look forward to your next stay with us in San Antonio!

Always At Your Service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Plaza in SA on a recent mid-week mini vacation. I was with two boys (6 and 11)--nephews as well as my sister and her husband. We booked two rooms and also had access to the concierge level. It was wonderful. The hotel has a great pool and jacuzzi area in the garden and the peacocks are really cool to watch. We enjoyed our rooms and the extra touches in the concierge room--good appetizers and breakfast. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and gave us advice on restaurants along the Riverwalk. Everthing downtown was easy access and we toured the Alamo and other places. We took a boat ride with the boys and they loved seeing the ducks and all the buildings. Thanks for the great place to stay!!

Room Tip: Very relaxing to have a garden view, but the city views are good for photos.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ktex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Getting together with family and spending that time together is such a special time and I am thrilled that our team and the hotel helped make that time a little more memorable with the pool, concierge benefits and the service from our team. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations and our team truly wants to go above and beyond.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see your family back on your next visit to San Antonio!

Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this property numerous times and have yet to be disappointed. The staff is helpful and very efficient. The rooms are spacious and quiet, with balconies and nice pool views. Great lobby bar and awesome location with easy parking.. Right next to Little Rhine and Riverwalk. We like this hotel because of its understated atmosphere and great rooms!

Our most recent trip was in mid-December... Loved it as usual. Great dinner at Little Rhine. Very relaxing and romantic getaway! Very good value for the money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mickir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. Thank you for your loyalty and always choosing to stay with us when you visit San Antonio. The hotel has a great location, newly renovated and is quiet and comfortable while being only steps away from the Riverwalk. I will be sure you share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you again for your loyalty and we hope to see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I never leave reviews online because I never believed they were true, but the Marriott Plaza changed my mind. This oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city is an escape to paradise. The courtyard is calm and serene and the beautiful peacocks and pheasants roaming the garden made it seem like I was traveling to a foreign land. The rooms were very large and the beds very comfortable and the staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered in a hotel. The Lobby Ambassador, Venetia Flowers greeted me as I got out of my car with a warm smile and took care of every request I had while I was in town. She made great recommendations for dining, gave me a history lesson of the hotel, made reservations for my party and even knew the best place to take a run on the river. (She even had a wine opener in her pocket when I needed one.) This was my best business trip ever. I can't wait to bring my family back for a long weekend.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms facing the courtyard.
Dear JDDavis888,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to read that your experience was wonderful. We are unique in that we sit on 6 acres of land; have a wonderful spacious courtyard with our most famous guests, our peacocks and pheasant. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy this. Venetia, our Lobby Ambassador was thrilled to receive your comments. She truly will help you with anything you need during your stay. She is truly an asset to our team and is always ready and willing to help our guests.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review. We are looking forward to seeing you again with your family.

albertson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel, perfectly suitable for families. Unbelievably professional staff (Marriott real chooses them well). April the at the front desk had checked us in and was very sweet and pleasant, after a long and rough flight. We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast, our server David was sweet and very courteous, but most of all patient with our young kids. Overall I would come here again. One of the best vacation experiences!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear annabelle a,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us at Marriott Plaza San Antonio. I was thrilled to read how April and David really made your stay memorable for you and your children. That is our goal and I know they were thrilled to read your comments as well. Thank you for your accolades of our team and the services provided. It is our pleasure to be a part of your vacation experience and we want to do whatever we can to make our guests experiences one of the best!

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see your family during your next visit to San Antonio!

Lantana, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the Plaza and stay there any time I'm in San Antonio. It's further from my office than many other hotels but I always feel welcome, service and food is great, and the quaint feel of this place is unmatchable. The pool is beautiful as well and the whole property has a kind of local flavor. The decor, the ivy, the fountains, the tile... it just screams San Antonio. Walking distance from the Alamo and Riverwalk. Consistently superb!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear rwdowns4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Marriott Plaza. Thank you for your loyalty and it is always great to see our return guests.

The property is filled with history and very different from any hotel in San Antonio. I am happy to read we make you feel right at home. Anything that you need, our team will be sure to go above and beyond to make it happen. That is our goal and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you again for your loyalty and I sincerely appreciate your business and sharing your experience. We will see you the next time you are in San Antonio!

Have a wonderful day!

katy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Looks are deceiving! This property intrigued me on my last trip to San Antonio becuase of the large trees out front. Even though it has the look of well worn past the interior has been recently upgraded. My room was well decorated (southwestern flare) and facing the interior courtyard and pool area (odd number rooms) which was well manicured. The bed was very comfortable (not too hard) and the bathroom and powder area had granite tops. The Concierge room was large w/patio seating overlooking the pool and courtyard. I spent an hour in the courtyard under the pergola near the pool and fire ring enjoying a great cigar and fine beverage while listening to the sound of falling water. For me this place had all the comforts and amenities I expect when traveling on business or pleasure and was a great value for the price in downtown San Antone.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do beleive we are San Antonio's best kept secret. Our property is so unique and the grounds are beautiful. With the fountains, courtyard, fire pit; there are many areas to enjoy a cocktail, cigar or relax by the pool.

We have been through an amazing refresh with guest rooms being renovated, concierge lounge and adding a large corner panty. We are about to finish up our lobby/ bar area as well. We want every guest to have an amazing experience and I am so glad you did.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back soon!