“Perfect convention location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect convention location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at The Marriott Rivercenter hotel while in town for a national scientific conference. Pefect location as the convention center is just a few feet away (even closer to the CC is the Mariott riverwalk). The hotel has a spacious gorgeous lobby and The Bar is quite large with losts of TV screens for watching sports and a nice food menue (watched baseball series while drinking the local beer shiner bock and eating wings....very good food). I cannot speak for the typical rooms, but I was ungraded to one of the corner rooms, which was basically a suite with a living area, dining, and separate bedroom. NIce view of the city and the alamo. This was a wonderful room. The concierge lounge is very nice and well stocked with good appetizers. Only problem with the longe is that it closes on Friday evening and doesn't reopen for evenings until Sun (however I believe it may be open for breakfast on weekends). The hotel is on the riverwalk where there are great places to eat (if don't want to eat at The Bar or the restaurant upstairs). The hotel is also connected to a major mall. The staff were helpful and seemed to be genuinely interested in doing so. I have stayed at Marriotts in international locations such as Sydney, Melbourne, Bogota, and Dublin, and the San Antonio Rivercenter is on par with those. Great place...I will definitely stay again on my next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: get a suite if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I am very pleased to know our staff showed you our warm heart, authentic culture which we are proud to display to each and every one of our guests. We look forward to your next visit so we can again host you brilliantly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The accommodations were just below average. Stayed at this hotel for a week and the service was nice but the room decor was from the 70's. They really need to upgrade and the room needed some general repair (i.e. cracks in the bathroom tiles and corners). The room service food was Ok. The restaurant downstairs in the lobby did have good food and drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a while. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful lobby, nice clean room... Just overall a wonderful stay. I was greeted quickly by someone in the lobby to check in, I was asked with assistance for my bags, everyone had a smile and offered to help. I cant say enough about how clean and nice the room was. Extremely clean and comfortable. My only complaint (with Marriott in general) would be to have different pillow options.

The location was great! Lots of restaurants along the River Walk, I even walked to the Alamo after breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for a lovely review. I’m glad to know our staff took great care of you. They are brilliant hosts and they stand ready to be of service to you the next time you are in San Antonio. Please come again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the River Center Marriott. We were greeted by the concierge in the lobby as we stepped off the garage elevator. The signage for the sign up on the street level actually stated that the garage was full (we arrived on a Saturday evening), but we drove on down into the garage and found a parking space without a problem. We had a room on the 24th floor near the elevator, but it was not loud in the room (just by the elevator could you hear the ice machine). The workout room was spacious and nice with many treadmills and cross trainers. We enjoyed a nice breakfast in the concierge lounge. Before we arrived at the hotel on Saturday, we had stopped at Rosario's Mexican Restaurant nearby and enjoyed a meal there. Had we known the River Center Marriott was located in the midst of some nice relaxing cafes out the side door, down by the river, we would have eaten there instead.

Room Tip: Our room looked out to the north above some roofs but we enjoyed the privacy on the 24th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Even though the hotel is centrally located to many great eating spots, you cannot go wrong eating at Rosario’s. I hope the next time you visit San Antonio, you will allow us the pleasure to host you brilliantly.
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference the facilities was nice and a friendly staff, the food was good, but the best is the location it is near in all the attractions. The room is a good size and we got the nice view of the riverwalk

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Norcross
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying at the Marriott River WALK in San Antonio but accidentally walked into the Marriott River Center as they are next door to each other. I had purchased two six packs of water and while in the lobby, an employee asked me I wanted to have a refrigerator brought to my room. I said yes not realizing I was in the WRONG Marriott. When I realized this, I went to the desk and told the front desk person my situation. I then walked back to the River WALK Marriott and had a knock at my door 30 minutes later by a Marriott employee. SURPRISE: A refrigerator was delivered to my room! What GREAT service from one Marriott to another!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our staff does an amazing job of providing terrific service, from one hotel to another—we are one big family! Thank you for sharing your experience. Please come again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good Hotel on the river walk, rooms nice size and clean. Good location within 2-3 minutes to main part of the river walk, parking was onsite and was a slight bit overpriced, which seems to be the way in Texas. River cruise is just at the exit of the hotel and worth doing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We hope you had a good visit in San Antonio and at the Marriott Rivercenter. We hope to see you again.

Been to San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter? Share your experiences!