“Love the location” 4 of 5 stars

Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #80 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Love the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Been stating at this marriott property for at least 15 years. Love the location and everything the hotel has to offer. The pool area is nice as well, it has an outside and inside pool. It also has a whirlpool. This hotel is connected to the mall as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel along with two buddies for an event in July of 2012. I can't complain about our stay. We were able to check in with ease, and the room was clean and well appointed. It even offered a pretty nice view of the city without any additional upgrade.

The property was clean and we took advantage of the pool area to get away from the usual Texas heat.

Our trip kept us at the hotel for 3 nights, and each night our room was serviced along with fresh towels. Great place to stay and If you can find a good price, I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference that was only 1/2 block away. The corner room I had was amazing! It was immaculate and enjoyable. The views from the 32nd floor were breathtaking! The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They were also very accommodating when I asked for help to get large boxes to the convention center. I would love to come back to San Antonio with my family and when I do, I will stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a great view of downtown San Antonio, ask for a room on floor 30 or above as well as ask...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I attended a three day conference at this hotel and was well pleased with the facilities, rooms and service. The conference areas are well maintained and the public restrooms are very nice. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay and our conference the best possible. The rooms were a bit small but well appointed. I was surprised that the only bedding options are one king bed or two doubles - no queen beds in the whole hotel - but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. With advance notice via online confirmation the hotel was able to accommodate our requests for early check in and a refrigerator in the room for our medications.

We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the buffet was more than adequate. We also had room service for breakfast and were very pleased with the quality and quantity of food delivered in a timely and pleasant fashion. Aditionally, the lobby bar is very comfortable and offers good drinks and limited food service at reasonable prices.

There are a number of dining options attached to the hotel as well as direct access to the mall and the riverwalk. The hotel is very near the convention center and all tourist attractions. There is a UPS store in the hotel as well as a shop for sundries and snacks but the prices there are a bit steep. These items can also be purchased at the attached mall.

As San Antonio hotels go, the Rivercenter is an excellent choice at a reasonable price. The exceptional service adds to the overall value of the property.

The only negative would be the cost of parking - $33 per day for valet and $25 per day for self parking but there are other, more reasonable parking options nearby.

Overall, I can highly recommend the Marriott Rivercenter as an excellent place to stay for a conference and a good place for a vacation.

Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The arrival and departure experiences were great. We were greated by warm and professional staff. The room was nice but the bathroom is pretty small. On our first day, we had lunch in the bar at mid-afternoon and the service was a little slow; however, the food was very good. The next morning, we had the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant and everything was very good.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

As you will see from the pictures that I attach, the restroom area of the room was not cleaned. There were bars of soap in every soap holder, at the sink and in the shower. The mouthwash at the sink was open and half used. The shampoo was empty in the shower. I called and they sent someone to clean it pretty quickly. The woman cleaning was very apologetic and did a nice job.

The remainder of the stay was nice. The bed was comfortable (the sheets did appear to be clean, I checked after the bathroom situation) and the room was plenty large. It is close to the convention center and the river walk. The valets at the front were very helpful and nice.

I would stay again...but this experience was just off putting.

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

General Manager Quinn:

I was in San Antonio this week on business and I want you to know how much I enjoyed your Marriott Rivercenter property! Specifically, I write to praise the outstanding service I received from your front desk ambassador, Christine Madera-Jordan. After a full day of planes, trains and automobiles traveling from south Florida to central Texas, I was greeted upon arrival by Christine as if I was an old friend...and in need of restorative pampering. She asked how my day was going and I could tell she truly cared. Greeting me as a frequent traveler and Marriott Gold Elite member, she immediately upgraded me to a junior suite on the top floor. Mentioning I was hungry, she made several recommendations for her culinary favorites. I can't tell you how refreshing it is after a harried day of travel to encounter a smiling face that treats you like a family member. I don't remember encountering a front desk person quite as extraordinarily helpful as she was. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world and have rarely encountered such warm and gracious hospitality as was extended by Christine...her conscientiousness, attitude and professionalism make her a powerful ambassador for Marriott.

Those of us who travel extensively for work know how important it is to have a solid base from which to operate. Your centrally located property in downtown San Antonio was steps away from everything I needed...the convention center, River Walk, the Alamo, I-35. Your spacious, clean room and super-comfortable bed allowed me to attack my full agenda refreshed every morning. And throughout my four days at your spectacular property, I was NEVER ONCE greeted by anything but a smile from your world class staff!

Today we all work in a tough business environment where there is no shortage of hollow rhetoric about excellent customer service, so it is truly refreshing to experience the real thing. Congratulations on assembling such a strong team that obviously takes personal responsibility for delighting guests. Please recognize the exemplary people skills of Christine Madera-Jordan. Because of the treatment I received from her and the rest of your team, I will never stay anywhere but the Marriott Rivercenter when travelling to San Antonio. Thanks very much.

Doug Glenn

Room Tip: The higher floors provide fantastic views of the city and the concierge level has great food!