“One of the nicest Marriotts I've stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #76 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“One of the nicest Marriotts I've stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here one night for business this past week and everything was top notch!

Everyone working there was extremely friendly. They game me an amazing corner room on the 28th floor overlooking the rivercenter. The room was large and bed was extremely comfortable.

The concierge lounge for elite members had a very nice happy hour from 5:30-7:30 and wide selection of breakfast items in the morning.

Parking was $25/day which I felt was extremely high however there is metered parking right on the street next to the hotel, which I used instead.

I would give this property 5 stars and would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in San Antonio.

Room Tip: If available, ask for an upper floor overlooking the rivercenter or riverwalk.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Groveton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed Thanksgiving weekend for Distinguished Youth of Texas. The location is fabulous. The room was spacious and comfortable. Only bad thing was laptop case was dropped at some point and damaged our computer. Marriott is working with is to resolve. I would highly Recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
Brookings, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy our 5 nights at the Rivercenter. They didn't have a King room the first night we were there, but graciously moved us the next day for the remainder of our stay. Lauren at the front desk was fabulous to work with and our house keeper Lei kept our room perfect and neat. Drinks in the bar were expensive, but it didn't stop from having a minimum $200 bar bill per afternoon there. Servers in "The Bar" were very slow and could have sold many more drinks if they would have just asked. Elevators were always moving. The longest I waited for one was 5 minutes and had to ride "down" to go up. Pool was very inviting and I enjoyed one afternoon there. However, I wished the hot tub would have been up and running. Gift store didn't have Benedryl so my husband had to run to CVS. I was having an allergic reaction and could have used it sooner. Overall, enjoyed our stay. I would stay here again. It is close to the Rivercenter Mall, Henry Gonzalez Convention Center and the River Walk too!

Room Tip: If you want a River Walk view make sure you ask for it. If not, you will be facing the freeway.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for a conference and this is now my favorite Riverwalk hotel -- and I've stayed at a few. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and super comfortable. The service was amazing and I felt like I was always treated like a special guest. The room was cozy, clean, and had nice amenities. The hotel is on the Riverwalk, and also connects to the Rivercenter Mall, which is very convenient. Room service is prompt and courteous, and the food is good. The hotel restaurants are also good -- one of my favorite hotel breakfasts. The hotel support and amenities made for a really nice conference as well with a great breakfast, clean and beautiful rest rooms, and nice conference rooms.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Connected to the Rivercenter Mall and right on the Riverwalk, this hotel is also just a short walk from the Alamo. The location alone makes the property very attractive. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were fairly spacious and clean. On the downside, on-site parking was pricey (not surprising for this area) and hot water seemed almost nonexistent in the evenings. We were on the 25th floor. Overall, this is our first choice accomadation on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed December 2012
Port Aransas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The location here is perfect. We are within walking distance of almost all the major attractions, fabulous shopping and delicious dining. Very close by is a trolley stop that takes you to attractions that are off the beaten path, so we have the best of both worlds. The hotel itself is immaculate and the service is prompt and courteous. We loved the breakfast at the on-site restaurant and also appreciated the Starbucks in the lobby for a quick coffee on-the-go. The kids enjoyed the pool, I visited the wonderful spa and Darling Hubby frequented the sports bar in the lobby for comraderie during the Spurs games. Fabulous family getaway!

• Stayed November 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is located on the Riverwalk right next to the Rivercenter mall. It is within walking distance to several downtown San Antonio attractions. Upon arrival we were greeted by the hotel manager. Both he and the front desk attendant were very friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.

The room was comfortable with all of the amenities one would expect from a Marriott. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter? Share your experiences!