“Lobby Great! Everything else Average.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% in Texas
Ranked #117 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Southlake, Texas
“Lobby Great! Everything else Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here this past week for a conference. The lobby was nice and updated. The elevators were just a bit dingy and older looking. Once in the hallways, I could tell the lobby was the only place having had a recent update. The rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. It was just an average Marriott. The bathrooms were old and you could see some cracks in the tile. There were places where they appeared to have added grout and the color was different. The shower and toilet was difficult to operate. It took a while before the hot water came in to the shower.
I ordered room service and it was pretty good. I liked the buffet breakfast as well as the lunch in the lobby level restaurant. At the conference I found the food served to be pretty good as well.
Overall the staff was nice and I found them to be helpful when called upon.
So this was an average stay as I generally prefer more updated properties.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I was sorry to hear that your stay with us was just “average”. We will be undergoing a rooms renovation in the near future which will feature a more modern product. I appreciate you letting everyone know how great our food is.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

While in town for an Air Force graduation, we stayed in this hotel. Our room was quite large with a balcony overlooking the riverwalk. Unfortunately, it was also right next to the elevators. This didn't affect us too much as we were exhausted each night. My husband and I loved the bed and pillows! We also appreciated the thoughtful room service. I used the gym several times and it was quite busy each morning, but I was able to use the equipment without problem (I also loved the eucalyptus chilled towels in the gym).

Stayed September 2013
Patrick M, Manager at Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I’m glad to know you and your husband enjoyed your stay. Our rooms certainly do offer a great view of the beautiful River Walk. I’m also glad you liked the nice touch to our gym towels. We look forward to being of service to you the next time you are in San Antonio.
Mesquite, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Picked this hotel because it is across the street from the convention center and assumed that my needs would be met by a Marriott at this price. Wrong! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but the room was very shabby with worn carpet. That wouldn't have bothered me so much, but there was no refrigerator and the ice machine on my floor was not working. The food here is priced beyond believability.The restaurant is not open in the evening, and the desk clerk suggested that to find a restaurant I would have to walk to the Mariott Rivercenter. Never mind that it was pouring rain.I finally settled on a vegetarian pizza from room service which cost $25 with the service charge and delivery fee. Wifi should be free in the rooms. I would not stay here again. There are several other hotels much better within walking distance of the convention center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay. We will be undergoing a rooms renovation in the near future which will feature a more modern product. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, clean and fresh. Room service was fast and the food was hot, restaurant was wonderful - great service and food, beautiful view of the Riverwalk. Elevators are slow if you stay on the upper floors but overall outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your lovely review. Glad you were able to stay in one of our balcony rooms with the fabulous views of the River Walk. And thank you for sharing with everyone the great service you received. All the best.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were in San Antonio in August for a convention. Luckily the host hotel was the Marriott Riverwalk. Very convenient to everything on the River, a short walk to the convention center and attached to the Mall! I could shop and relax while my husband went to meetings. In the evening we tried several restaurants on the river but actually enjoyed the Mexican food at Rosario's which is on Alamo Street. Of course we had a ball at Durty Nellies on the River. The Marriott is a great place to stay if you want to be in the center of things. Very helpful employees, great service, good food and fantastic beds.

Room Tip: We had a room off to the side with a view of the Riverwalk. Very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick M, Manager at Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Oh so many choices to eat on the River Walk, Rosario’s is definitely a favorite of the locals as well. I’m glad to know we offered great service during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to be of service to you.
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have stayed here previously and are big Marriott fans. The hotel is nice and, as always, Marriott beds are the most comfortable ever! The bathroom vanity definitely needs more lighting but overall everything was very clean and comfortable.

The location is great. We had a room on the 23rd floor overlooking the Riverwalk. Across the street is the Rivercenter Mall and the Marriott Rivercenter. If you have a choice, stay at the Riverwalk. A quick elevator ride and a few steps down and you're strolling the Riverwalk. It's especially fun around Christmas with lights everywhere and carolers on the barges.

We ate at Rita's which was disappointing. The food wasn't passable but the service was definitely not good. We got our food and didn't see the server again until we found someone to track her down. Missing food, no drink refills, no smiles....until we were presented with the bill. We saw our first smile then.

What makes this Marriott stand out is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and works so hard to accommodate everyone's wants and needs. They will remedy any issue, minor or major, with a smile and a quick resolution. It is so rare these days to see this type of service and it is much appreciated. We will return!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our staff indeed works hard to accommodate everyone’s needs and wants, it’s our way of hosting you brilliantly. It will be our pleasure to host you brilliantly on your next visit, so please come again soon.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

+ coffee maker in room
+ room seems well cared for
+ real glasses
+ toilet has two flush levels
+ iron and board
+ rooms made up promptly
. free wifi in lobby ~0.3 Mbps
- big swings in room temperature, gets very hot then blasts with cold air
- cable TV but poor selection of stations
- no grab bar in shower- friend put in three rooms before he found one in which the plumbing was not broken
- wi-fi $15/day in rooms- no fridge
- no microwave
- small cramped rooms
- very little drawer space
- thin walls, voices from other rooms surprsiingly loud in room
- note says earplugs in drawer but none
- skimpy coffee fixings
- neighbor taking shower sounds like in your bathroom
- no breakfast
- prices very high

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!