“We loved our stay and would certainly stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #125 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“We loved our stay and would certainly stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is at the end of the Riverwalk. About 3 blocks from the Alamo. I have absolutely NO complaint about this property. It is easy to get around town. The Rivercenter Mall is across the street. Everyone there from parking valet to concierge and everyone in between went out of their way to be helpful and provide great service. The room was clean and very comfortable. Will go back, but probably not in July =:)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This property is located right on the Riverwalk with beautiful views of the river and of downtown. My room had a balcony overlooking the Riverwalk, with comfortable furniture (if you were inclined to sit outside in the heat). It also is immediately across the street from the River Plaza shopping mall and is a short walk to the Alamo. The hotel property itself is well maintained and comfortable. The only negative is that valet parking was fairly expensive for San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Pretty much your standard urban Marriott - comfortable beds, well appointed rooms and below average showers. Staff were pleasant and made efforts to help. This place does get bonus points for a stellar lobby bar - spacious, even when full, attentive bar staff and a good beer selection.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Hotel is centrally located in downtown right on the riverwalk and across from the convention center. Staff was super friendly and helpfull. They even mailed my post cards and did not bill me for the stamps! Rooms were very comfortable and clean and reasonable priced Easy access to the Riverwalk and Alamo. I would stay there again should my travels take me to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cedar Hill, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here (well - we are still staying here... this is our last night. i wanted to write this while I was still fired up about it) in July. The hotel is a little older and not kept up as nice as it should be, given I expect more from Marriott. We should have known it was going to be 'odd', when we got to our room. The vanity in the bathroom was mounted so low, you almost had to squat to wash your face. Now - we are NOT tall people, so I can't imagine how someone over 5'5" would have dealt with this. The toilet was also 'weird' - it was so high my feet almost dangled! It's like they hired a construction crew that had never done this before. But, that was the least of our worries... the water in the bathroom never got above 'slightly warm' - this made for an unpleasant shower situation.... We complained about it three times, and we finally concluded that the 'tepid' situation must have been by design - it seemed like the hotel was really into the whole 'green' movement. The lamps (bright, ugly flourescents) were so bright, I couldn't keep one on to read by - (my husband was trying to sleep) -- it almost kep the room like a football field.

Also - we tried to order a movie, and the tv 'hung', and we had to get a maintenance tech up to fix it.

Lastly, the view we had was terrible (but, in a high rise, not sure we can do much about that).. but, wow, there seemed to be a LOT of road noise that was not shut out.

I will say - on the bright side - the bed was very, very comfortable and up to the standards I expect from a Marriott. It's just that everything else was not.

This has definitely made me re-think staying at Marriott's in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevators, and NOT on the side with the pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I stayed here during a conference that was held at the convention center across the street, which was very convenient.
My room was very large, and I loved that there were cozy bathrobes in the room, upon arrival.
The lobby area was bustling, and the free iced lemonwater available was a nice touch- especially with how hot it was outside!
Definitely try to get a room overlooking the RiverWalk area- it is amazing!
My only complaint would have to be along the lines of what others have said: My room was right next to the elevators, and they were rather noisy. But I would gladly put up with that again, to have the view from my beautiful room.

Thank you Marriott, for another lovely stay! :)

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the RiverWalk
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I'm in charge of booking family vacations every summer. I generally look for something reasonable and convenient. I was trully impressed with The Marriott on East Market. They had clean, comfortable rooms, easy access to Riverwalk, terrific pool and the staff was outstanding from valet to housekeeping. Whenever I'm in San Antonio, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!