“Room was not up to par for what we paid.” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6410 I-35 North, San Antonio, TX 78218-4405   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #214 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“Room was not up to par for what we paid.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were given a handicap room even though we weren't handicapped.

Our phone didn't work! Thank God we didn't need a wake up call and we had cell phones in case of an emergency.

The door was extremely hard to open and shut; we had to put our whole body weight into it.

It smelled like wet dog as soon as we walked in.

The bed sheets were tattered; like an animal had clawed through them. My fingers and toes got caught in the holes several times while I was sleeping. Those sheets need to be replaced.

I base my opinion of a hotel's cleanliness by how the bathroom looks and this might as well have been a motel with a tube tv. The tub looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a long time; I could see the ring of dirt very distinctly. The sink was cracked in several places. There was a big chip in the bottom of the door; like an animal had chewed through it. The toilet paper was so flimsy that I couldn't even tear a whole sheet off without it shredding. And we couldn't get cold water; it was either hot or warm.

I was very displeased with my stay here. I love LaQuinta hotels but this experience makes me not want to use this chain again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Carpet was very dirty, both beds were extremely lumpy Don't force a long review on a bad situation please. Next time I won't respond to your request or at least give a character count for my convenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Arlington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If your just looking to check the block to stay some place over night or for a few days this place its not too bad. It has a pool, friendly staff and very close to a mexican restaurant that makes great food at great a low cost. Happy hour is key since all you need to do is walk accross the parking lot to your room. The only item lacking in the hotel is a gym. Other than that its not to shabby. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Euless, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Facilities needs remodeling. Parking hard to find near your room. Overpriced. This location is just old and needs to be updated. Facilities needs remodeling. Parking hard to find near your room. Overpriced. This location is just old and needs to be updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Houston, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly so that was a plus.. But my room smelled like smoke and I did not like that. I reported to the front desk and they sent housekeeping to spray it but the spray smell was worst then the smell of smoke. The room smelled really bad like someone was smoking there for days. Overall my experience was okay and if you minus the smell of smoke in the room it was a good/average hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Aguascalientes, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

They have great service, the breakfast needs to improve a little bit but it is good enough, the location is great, the hotel employees are willing at all times to help and to provide an extraordinary service

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd? Share your experiences!