“Average hotel, ok for the price, would have expected more...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn San Antonio Vance Jackson

You added La Quinta Inn San Antonio Vance Jackson to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Antonio Vance Jackson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5922 I-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78201-2814 (North Central)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #133 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
san antonio texas
“Average hotel, ok for the price, would have expected more...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Well, this hotel is not the best, but it is not the worst. If you are just looking for an average, no-frills place to sleep, this is it. The first room I was issued (#140) - I did not like. I thought it smelled bad and was dingy. I immediately called front desk and asked for another room, which they gladly switched me to (#150) - which was much better, did not stink, and was somewhat clean. Carpet was dirty, but probably from being old. Shower curtain was a very cheap quality. Towels very scarce. I had to ask for more. My overall impression of this hotel is that it is old. It is fairly clean for being old, but, for the age, I wouldn't expect everything to be shiny and bright. For a 2-star, it lives up to its name. I probably paid more than I should have for it, but it has all the things you need for an average, no-frills hotel. I would probably not come back here. Has small pool, outside common area is ok, has some park benches. Exterior and parking lot looks run down, probably due to the area of town its in, too.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for help, they are very helpful...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Rooms were average but clean. Had trouble at check in. Needed two rooms and when we got to one of the rooms it had not been cleaned which we then had to move all the luggage to the other side of building so we could keep every body together. Stayed there 4 nights and room was cleaned everyday. Close to Walmart and IHop. Security guard patrols the parking lot and corridors every night. Lots of families with children poolside eveyday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My friend and I took our families on vacation to San Antonio. Great hotel! I will definitely be back. The staff was extremely nice and courteous. The rooms were clean and spacious and the grounds were well kept. This hotel is not too far from Fiesta Texas,Sea World, the Zoo and even Wal-Mart if you forget something. The continental breakfast is good and there is a Mexican Restaurant within walking distance. What I really liked was that the rooms were around the pool, just walking distance and it's very convinient to keep an eye on the kids. The kids had a blast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, easy access to it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Stayed here for three nights with friends and it was great for what we needed - a place to sleep. The room was clean, a little old but very comfortable and the pool was great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

good location, nice staff. The building is old but the room is ok and cliean. It's close to I-10 but no much noise heard. Breakfast is good. Wi-Fi is fast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was by far the best hotel stay I've ever had! Staff was super nice and courteous! We missed breakfast the first day we got there and the front desk went and got us some muffins. Super nice! I signed a paper saying which days the housekeeper would come to clean our room. I thought I was going to only see her twice the week we stayed there. Much to my surprise she cleaned our room everyday and kept it very clean! The grounds were very clean and the pool was great! I never had any problem with the staff and thought they were all wonderful. It was VERY hot in San Antonio the week we went down there, but one thing we were always able to count on was the ice cold air conditioner in our room to freeze us out whenever we walked in the room. We were right off of I-10 but I never heard much traffic at all. It really is a good location, with Starbucks, walmart with a mcdonalds in it, is literally across the road, along with a few other restaurants near by. Also if you are staying for a week call and ask them for the weekly discount rate, I got a room for $45 dollars a night! I'm not sure about the other reviews on here, my room didn't smell at all like smoke and we didn't have eggs for breakfast but there was plenty other food there. There were three adults and a child in our room and I thought there was plenty of room for us all. The beds were fulls and I would have liked them to have been a queen but we all still managed to sleep great everynight.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Expecting to stay in a double but end up with a King. Staff states that Priceline makes mistakes in reservations and the only room available was a King. Upon entering the room a razor blade was visible outside the front door. Once opening the door the unpleasant smell of cigarrette smoke was penetrating through our nostrils. We requested another room considering I am 7 months pregnant and with my son. The staff could not accomodate us. This was the worst room we have ever slept in. We couldnt get the cigarette smell off our clothes even with odor illiminating spray.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn San Antonio Vance Jackson? Share your experiences!