“Market Sq” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 Dolorosa St, San Antonio, TX 78207-4540   |
Ranked #103 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
“Market Sq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I hv stayed at this location numberous times and each time I hv been treated with kindness and respect. The staff is excellent from days to nights. My last stay was business and stayed there for 1 month during there busy time with SA rodeo. I had 3 rooms and they took care of my company ( evergreen) with the ultmost precessional courtesy . Thank you market sq location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Ignacio, Belize
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My three-night stay in this hotel was disappointing because I lost confidence in what I thought was a chain of hotels offering acceptable and economical accommodations. Everything was fairly unremarkable until I turned on the hot water and discovered it required a 15-minute wait before the ice cold water began to warm. I was probably too impatient to wait for truly hot water, but when I stepped out of the shower I immediately turned on the heat. Big mistake. How or why I don't know, and don't care to know, but someone had urinated in the unit and when the heat was turned up the odor was sickening. I don't think it was fresh, and what followed convinced me it wasn't a new problem.
When I reported the problem to the front desk clerk he appeared unfazed and somewhat indifferent despite the inconvenience of my repacking and physically changing rooms. In the tortured course of events I was given non-functional room keys four times yet still no offer to help. This fellow is about a third my age and I had flown up for medical reasons, so I can't say I appreciated him lecturing me about room keys. I noticed he didn't write anything down about the foul smelling heater, either.
The next morning I asked to speak with the general manager, Rick Flores. He was unaware of any problem. Apparently a foul-smelling health hazard wasn't worthy of mention, but I certainly brought it to his attention. To me, he didn't appear very alarmed either. I noted the inconvenience and discomfort of changing rooms, and playing musical chairs with non-functional room keys, lack of hot water, and all-but-inedible breakfast, plus the blast of nasty air in my face. His response? "What would you like me to do about it?"
I suppose it's a rhetorical question because it involves what I would have liked him to do, which would have been to be more responsible and professional.
My recommendation is to pay a little more and find a nicer hotel in a much more convenient location. This place is off the beaten path - especially at night - and a long way from any decent food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

An older "original" La Quinta but well maintained; friendly staff, clean room, awesome bed! Very convenient location, streets around it a little confusing but that's not their fault. Finally learned my way around after three nights. Would recommend!

Room Tip: I liked my room location, Bldg. C, facing the front entrance and 'Mi Tierra.'
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dodge City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Okay, the hotel has seen better days, some of the furnishings are worn, scratched and the building is showing its age. But look beyond these flaws for a good, economical stay in San Antonio. We had a problem with one of the rooms we booked. Some in our party didn't arrive until later in the day, and the only room available for them in the class they booked was a smoking room. This wasn't acceptable, and I pointed out that I had checked in and pre-paid for both rooms much earlier in the day, asking at that time that the second room be assigned. The front desk offered a solution...a free upgrade to a studio suite! We very much appreciated the gesture, and the rest of our three day stay went on without hitch. Staff were all pleasant, and the continental breakfast is what you'd expect each morning.

Head across the street to Market Square, the Mexican market for food and shopping. You'll easily spend two to three hours, or perhaps a whole day here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Even though it is located by a hospital it was a very peaceful night. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean I would definatly reccomend to stay here. I will definately be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I flew into San Antonio about to stay a the residents inn put forgot my credit card home so at the airport I made a phone call to this hotel and from the time the person answered my call it was a pleasure the price was below my budget and the hotel and the staff was awesome I plan to be back in feb. THANKS SO MUCH!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn San Antonio Market Square? Share your experiences!