“My Stay in San Antonio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland

You added La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6511 Military Dr West, San Antonio, TX 78227-3615 (Far West Side)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #97 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, United States
“My Stay in San Antonio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was extremely pleased with the staff and hotel. My stay was very pleasant, and the room was very comfortable. Even though the hotel was very close to a major highway, you could not hear the traffic, which I thought was excellent for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This property is probably the best off-base location for attending your Airman's BMT graduation. I was about a mile from the gate nearest the reception center and less than that to the parade grounds. The info sheet they handed out about the BMT ceremonies was the same one they gave out at the on-base family briefing! Not a 5 star property, but my room was clean, well-maintained for 4 days, and I slept well! Nice breakfast offering, and they offered a shuttle to the base.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff treated me with respect, Everyone attempted to accommodate me as my booking service had my dates of stay as Sat, Sun, Monday when in actuality I booked Friday - Sun to return to Dallas on Sunday eve. The hotel staff worked with my booking site to make this happen my family was so very happy we enjoyed Seaworld, San Antonio dinners and most of all seeing all of the military around us made us very proud. My girls saw female military a plus. I was happy with my stay at LaQUINTA and I would be honored to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rimrock, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Check in was easy and front desk gentleman was very nice. Good area for dog walk . Room 159 was quite small but clean and ice machine in our bldg. did not work. I think I would try another in this area next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Peoria, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Close to base. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Gave us map of the base which helped. Room was very clean and smelled great. Daily cleaning was done and maintenance occurred while we were out. Breakfast was ready early because of base ceremonies which helped. Shuttle to base helped a lot.

Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was the perfect place to stay for our son's BMT graduation. The hotel is so close to the base you could walk, but don't. You will want your car on base for the graduation activities. The staff told us everything we would need to know about getting onto base and even provided maps and recommended the best times to leave in order to not wait in lines at the gates. Our room was a bit small but the bed was comfortable and it was super clean. The surrounding neighborhood was a little sketchy but you're not spending too much time at the hotel. Our room was large enough that when our son had town liberty we could go back to the room and he could chill out for awhile (there was a recliner in our room that he enjoyed kicking his feet up). You are about 20 minutes from the River Walk and Alamo (easy drive). And it's easy to get to restaurants and shops from this hotel. The breakfast is basic but good. The proximity to the base came in handy when we found that we had a bag that contained things for our son's uniform for Friday's graduation. We were back to his dorm within 5 minutes dropping the bag off (and we weren't the only parents doing this!). All in all this is a great place to stay for BMT graduation.

Room Tip: Choose a room on either the south side or the west side. Our room was on the north side and freeway...