“Fabulous saty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Blum, San Antonio, TX 78205-3303 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr) (East Side)   |
Ranked #69 of 351 hotels in San Antonio

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This review would be a bit more positive, but for the following; We stayed at the La Quinta on a group rate for an event we were attending at the nearby San Antonio Convention Center, and parked in the hotel's 'self-park' lot. After we checked out my wife discovered that not only had they charged us a different rate than what the booking stated (we were told it was their 'best available rate'), they also charged us both the 'self-park' charge AND the valet park charge, even though we never valet parked while we were there. Fortunately, we were able to eventually get the charges removed. I don't know whether this is part of a systematic campaign of overcharging customers, but it is totally unacceptable. We spoke to other people in our group who were also overcharged, so be very careful to check your bill if you stay here.

Aside from the hotel's attempt to rip us off, I would best describe the hotel as serviceable. Nothing particularly memorable about the physical facilities. Breakfast buffet was the lowest-common-denominator variety. There was some trash (candy wrappers and such) in the hall of the floor we were staying on, even after the cleaning crew had finished cleaning the rooms. On the bright side, the mattresses were pretty comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was close to the river walk and the downtown mall. Our room was clean
and so was the bathroom. We booked at the last minute and got a better rate than
booking a couple of weeks in advance. The breakfast bar was always stocked with
food and drinks during the breakfast hour. Would recommend this hotel for its value
compared to hotels on the riverwalk which are a lot higher priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

we have stayed at this location many, many times...each time for 2 nights as there is so much
to see and do. the breakfast is one of the best we have every had at any hotel.
The RiverWalk is directly across the street with a full choice of restaurants and the trip
down the river is amazing, something everyone should do. shopping is an added plus
and they are pet friendly.
fran

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms in my opinion
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I came with our daughter and son-in-law and their 2-year old and infant to see the UT/Oregon State game. The Alamodome is literally blocks away and a great location for my handicapped husband who could be pushed in his wheelchair to the stadium.

Our handicap accessible room was ready at 3:00 check-in, but after waiting more than an hour for the second room, I asked at the desk about the progress. The suite on our floor for our kids and grandkids had not yet been cleaned, so we took a suite for them on a different floor. I asked if the room could be pro-rated and was told that the manager would call me. I never heard from him/her.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but I found a number of other problems. The remote for the TV didn't work, so we couldn't watch our television. Our handicapped room had a handheld shower sprayer with water able to come through half of the spigots. When I walked to the kids'/grandkids' suite, an unpleasant sewer-like smell permeated the entire floor. At one point during our 20-hour visit, a water fountain on the lobby level did not work. The hot breakfast was very good, but took a long time to get due to the crowd in the lobby. There was not enough seating for all of the guests.

The staff was very pleasant. Being there such a short time, however, I did not report the annoyances, but would have had the manager called me as promised.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay frequently at La Quinta with my dogs. This one is a great choice due to the location - it is next to shopping and walking distance from the Riverwalk which makes it worth it in my opinion. Oh, and I allways love La Quinta beds for a good nights sleep - this was no exception. The negatives were that though these hotels are usually really good with dog areas - this one was not. There was about a 5X8 patch of mulch outside the front doors they said was the dog "area." Also, I do not think you should charge guests staying at your hotel $20 to park in your lot. Yes, you are close to the Riverwalk -- that is why we stayed. Charge non-guests but a $20 fee in addition to the hotel cost is ridiculous.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Address: 303 Blum, San Antonio, TX 78205-3303 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio > East Side
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#21 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#44 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#81 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
La Quinta San Antonio
San Antonio La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.