“Great hotel! Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Omni La Mansion del Rio
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   112 College St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #16 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel! Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Reasonable price for a great location. Walkable to great restaurants on the river walk; the Alamo; Tower of Americas; etc. didnt need a car. We stayed in a Riverview Room, very well appointed and spacious. Only negative is bathtub is not handicapped friendly.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Montgomery, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Outstanding Hotel! Fantastic location on the river walk! The charm and elegance of the hotel is unmatched as well as the service, room amenities and spa; except the spa is a short walk across the river and located in another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Bristol, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We love staying at the Omni's. Our room looked out to the pool area, the room was very clean and comfortable bed. We have no complaints there. This one did not seem on the same level as the two previous that we stayed in. The carpet in the hallways was dirty and needs replaced. The bell staff seemed confused at times. It was a very busy morning so maybe they were not used to that but getting our car seemed to be a difficult task for them that morning. Front desk staff was very professional. We would stay here again for the convenience and comfortable clean room.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie A, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Dear KC58SB

We appreciate the feedback regarding this stay in our home.
The carpet hallways are a consistent challenge being exposed to the parking garage, nonetheless, we are doing everything in our power to keep them shampooed and extracted on a regular basis.

In the valet area, we can have some challenging situations due to the rather small entrance / exit to the hotel. If you checked out on a Sunday, which it appears you might have, you will encounter congestion between the hours of 10AM to 12:00 noon.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for the positive comments.
We look forward to serving you again in our home on the Riverwalk.

Lucie A.
Rooms Director
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had mentioned in the comments section when I booked the room that the stay was in celebration of my 20th wedding anniversary and then thought nothing of it until returning to the room to find a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (including a card signed by the staff). This certainly exceeded my expectations and thrilled my wife. That alone would have made this a great stay but the room was also very nice, just what you would expect of an Omni although it does retain a historical motif which we enjoyed but could be off-putting to some who prefer something more modern. The location is fantastic; we had a room overlooking the river with a small balcony. We spent quite a bit of time people watching while sipping wine and enjoying the beautiful weather. Due to the close proximity to all of the restaurants and pubs we wanted to go to, we found ourselves walking everywhere which was an added bonus. I highly recommend this hotel and would encourage you to book a room with a view of the river, it’s well worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights, finding it to be a great location on the riverwalk. The walk to the convention center was easy, and the walk to dinner and night life was perfect.
There is no breakfast included, but the restaurant here is rated #3 in the city(Las canaritas)
The room was not huge, but had a couple of chairs and a desk. It was immaculately clean. The last historic hotel I stayed at was the Menger, and this is much cleaner and nicer. The beds are very comfortable. You can get free wifi if you join the rewards program, which is fast and easy to do online.
Our favorite hangout became Waxy O'Connors across the bridge over the river. Great food, drinks, and atmosphere. Awesome gelato and coffee place in the Aztec building nearby, too- Rio De Gelato. Loved this location!

• Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here in January as part of a business trip. Was excited because it was on the River Walk and the River Walk held special memories for me so was excited to be back. The room was a little small, but so what I didn't go there to live in the room. I was on the front end of the hotel (across from the Planet Hollywood) so it was a bit noisy for the first day I was there but nothing bad enough to make me want to change rooms. Had I been in a room higher than my 2nd floor room it would have not been an issue at all.

I found the hotel very charming (and the history of its origin was interesting if you care to read about it--there was a nice card on room's desk).

The resturant in the hotel was fantastic and the customer services was over the top. I checked in late and didn't really want to brave the cold weather (Jan 20-24th it was unusually cold for Texas) so I opted to dine in. The wait staff were some of the best in the business. What makes me rate them over the top is my new acquired friend and I were just chatting it up when I suddenly realized how quiet it had become...it was after hours but instead of rushing us out the staff just continued to function like they'd just opened the doors. I feel horrible that I didn't realize that they were closed. They were courteous and professional at all times never once asking us to eat up and get out. Of course we apologized and asked for the check so that they could close up, I'm still embarrassed by it did happen.

I was there for a big Pharma clinical trial roll out so experienced multiple meals each day...the food was always great and the staff were friendly and professional. I definately plan to stay there on my own dime when I go back for a visit later this summer.

Room Tip: ask for a higher up room, something with a view of the river walk.