My husband and I stayed here while celebrating our 5th anniversary. We purchased the "Rio" package with a river-view king room. When booking, I requested a private balcony. In my opinion, the package was an excellent deal. It included valet parking, breakfast buffets and rio cruise tour tickets. Upon arrival, I was delighted to see the hotel was able to accolade our request for a private balcony. The room was a bit small for the price. However, it was well decorated and very clean. The view was great. (We were on the 3rd floor.) My advice - register for the hotel's select guest program before arrival. The special touches included with the program took our experience from business class to first class. As members of the program you get free wifi, complimentary morning beverage delivery, complimentary garment pressing, evening housekeeping, turndown service and free bottled water upon arrival. There are more free perks, but the above are the ones we took advantage of.
We had room service twice and it was excellent. Expect room service prices to be elevated, as always. The hotel restaurant was excellent. We had a light dinner one night that consisted of salads and a cheese board. The service was excellent and the food was top notch. This top notch food extended to breakfast, as well. The buffet had many selections and the quality was great.
While visiting, we used the concierge service twice. While helpful, they could have been more friendly. Just a minor observation.
Since we were celebrating our anniversary, the hotel staff had a complimentary bottle of sparking wine delivered to our room. It was a very nice and much appreciated gesture. We enjoyed the bottle sitting on the balcony and watching the river.
All in all, the hotel created a magical experience for us. It was a first class way to spend our anniversary. We would certainly return the next time we visit.
- Also Known As:
- Omni La Mansion Del Rio Hotel
- Omni La Mansion Del Rio Hotel San Antonio
- Omni San Antonio
- Omni Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Omni
- La Mansion Del Rio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the top hotels in the city, and filled with Spanish charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Amex, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Venere, Olotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni La Mansion del Rio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.