“Excellent location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I got the room at a great price, at checkin the offered an upgrade (room with a view).. my too looked in on the Atrium... not the worst of views. The room is excellent, with an extremely comfortable bed. Two minor quibbles the phone did not work (turned out later that is was plugged in wrong) and the clock next to the bed had the wrong time (it seemed impossible to set the correct time, despite me asking several times).

The hotel is located on the river walk and you can walk out of the hotel at the river walk level and be right where all the restaurants are. The Alamo is less then 5 minutes walking. there is an Einstein Bro's agh the lobby level so you can get an inexpensive breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and was able to help with almost every question I had (except the clock). Now my biggest complained was that the parcels are handled by Fedex and Fedex is charging you by the weight. I ended up paying $135 for handling fee for 8 parcels. I am ok paying a small holding fee but I do thing this charge is excessive. Also if there are more then 2 people in a room you will be charged for the 3rd, 4th person.

At a $150 I got a great rate...

The good:
Location, facilities

The not so good:
Charges for parcels

Room Tip: If you want a view it's available as an upgrade
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's comfortable beds and friendly staff. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Yes, THANK YOU LAUREN..!!!!!!!

We had made our reservations at this Hyatt Regency through their toll free number and requested the city view rooms, so that we could see the fireworks from our room.

Upon arrival, we were given the Alamo view which for this occasion did not suit us well, as i requested another set of rooms from this particular from desk associate, I got nothing but excuses as the hotel is sold out, maybe later he might be able to do something etc...

Well, we went to our Alamo view rooms, and we knew, NO, DID NOT LIKE IT....!!!

So i returned to the front desk, avoiding the original front desk agent, and was waited on by Lauren. In less than 90seconds, she had told me that there were two rooms coming up on the city side, and would be available in about 2hours, rooms 1076 & 1078.

True to her word, she called us and said rooms are ready....

The four of us, enjoyed watching the New Years Eve fireworks from our rooms.....

Lauren, without knowing it, made a stage 4 cancer patient very ~ very happy.....thus the reason for my posting. Yes, the hotel was busy, and yes, you had to take an elevator going up to go down, but hey, after all, it was New Years, and hotels are packed...

Rooms were clean, with a great view, room service great, and staff was great also......

BTW, This is my favorite hotel in San Antonio.....

Room Tip: City view rooms also give you a view of the Riverwalk.....ours were rooms 1076 & 1078
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the guest rooms and the great service Lauren provided. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Grafton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great location right on the Riverwalk! Close to lots of restaurants, bars, shops, and the Alamo! Arturo, an individual from room service, went above and beyond by going to get me tea and honey upon hearing I had a sore throat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

San Antonio must be offering lots of great discounts to conference planners because I keep on coming here all the time.. This time I chose our conference hotel on the riverwalk. The rate was great about $150 through our group and it was great and easy to jump be sessions and the room.

The rooms were nice but kind of dark. The lights were not placed great. There was not great outlet access. They had an outlet box with 2 outlets on the night stand but between my cpap, computer, phone, etc.. it was not adequate. there was not adequate charging on the desk at all. I ended up switching out by the chair for my computer and other devices with the coffee pot. I would probably bring my power strip if I were staying here again.

I had been wanting to stay another night, but it was kind of up in the air if I could extend or not, so I switched hotels to the airport, and it worked out well.

The location is great, I got to see a lot of the city and walk there. Also there are lots of bars, so we went out one night and it was actually easier to go back to the hotel to use the restroom than to fight the dance floor (that close!) ..

The staff was great, they offered directions etc..

Eating at this hotel was good. There was an Einstein's bagel inside with decent prices. Also, we had breakfast at the restaurant on Sunday. They were super attentive. They had two specials 18.00 for a full buffet and 12 for continental breakfast that included oatmeal. It was a better deal to do the continental for me than order off the menu (I wanted oatmeal but then I also got yogurt an fruit). The buffet options included drinks.
They were very attentive on the coffee and were not quick to rush us out, so I would eat there again.

The hotel bar was nice and had a few drinks there.

So one really odd thing about this hotel. There were not trashcans around the conference rooms.. I ran into people looking for trash on several occasions and it was kind of frustrating. In fact, I handed a half eaten apple (from checkin) to a room steward at a session..(I felt bad about that).. They were great about water and mints at all the sessions and very attentive to our group.

Our conference had coffee breaks that were great.. and tea as well. very attentive again.

I would do a conference here again and stay on property. it really helped me to make contacts and it was a comfortable setting for business and I was able to enjoy the riverwalk as well.

Room Tip: bring a power strip with you if you have a lot of electronics.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We enjoyed reading your feedback on all aspects of the hotel and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next trip to the Alamo City!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hyatt Regency San Antonio for three nights during the U.S. Army American Bowl week, our son participated in the combine event. Upon arriving we checked our vehicle into valet, knowing we would not wouldn't use it the entire time, until we checked out. We arrived to our room and realized we were given one king size bed for two adults and two teenagers. I call for service at 4:30pm and there are no other rooms available. They say they can bring me two roll away beds and that we didn't need to be in the room to receive them. Two hours later we returned from dinner and the beds hadn't arrived. I called again at 6:30. Two hours later, still no beds. I call a third time, at 8:30 and was informed that they could only bring me one bed due to fire hazard. At 9:30pm still no bed, my husband called the fourth time and we finally received the bed before 10pm and still one of my sons had to sleep on the floor. During our entire stay, we realized that the elevators did not suit the capacity of people in the Hyatt. We waited approximately fifteen minutes each time for the elevator. Sometimes, we ride in the opposite direction just to get on and make our way up up the room or we took the stairs to catch the elevator on another level. Upon checking out, we checked our vehicle out of valet, only to discover my son's Beats headphones, iPod, and a checkbook missing from my truck and a whole in the drivers seat. I have filed a claim and a police report but nothing has been resolved. The hotel kindly returned our valet fees but that will not touch the cost of replacement and repair of my seat. I expected better service and more integrity out of the Hyatt and whomever they chose to ruin their valet garage. I will never stay again or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014
First and foremost, we sincerely apologize. We understand that your experience wasn't up to standards and want to reassure you that is not the Hyatt standard either. Management will be notified on this instance. Once again, we apologize and hope you will give Hyatt Regency San Antonio a second chance
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Everything About This Hotel Was Awesome. It Is On The Riverwalk, Only A Block From The Alamo. Everything You Could Possibly Want Is Within Easy Walking Distance; Dining, Shopping, Tourist Attractions, Entertainment. I Parked The Day I Got There And Left The Car In The Garage Until We Were Ready To Leave. The Hotel Is Spacious And Elegant, The Rooms Clean And Comfortable, The Staff Was Friendly And Efficient. Would Definitely Recommend This Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I generally find Hyatt Hotels a bit cheesy with their eighties decor, but this one is excellent all around. The conference facilities were stellar, on and off site. The location allowed for easy sightseeing and entertainment after conference activities. All staff members were friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were nicely apportioned, with appropriately placed internet ports and interactive TV. The beds were comfortable and I appreciate rooms that still have bathtubs. The food was a bit pricey but good. If you get tired of barbeque, there are enough other places to eat within walking distance. I now know where I am staying when I return to San Antonio!

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency San Antonio? Share your experiences!