Just spent a week at the Hyatt River Walk for a convention, and the service was phenomenal. River Walk runs right next to the hotel, which is a block from the Alamo. Great location!
I have mixed feelings, however, about the value offered. The property seems older, and the rooms aren't up to the size or standards of a regular Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn and Suites, but they cost much, much more. Our discounted convention rate was $169, which is still far too much for what is offered. There's no continental breakfast, you have to pay $10 a day for internet or go down to the lobby for free wifi (service is good), and while there is a small dorm fridge in the room, there's no microwave. Also, the walls are rather thin; it seems that you can hear too much of what is going on around you.
For people who just like to party, I suppose you could overlook everything and appreciate being right on River Walk. Honestly, River Walk is very, very cool. But there are lots of panhandlers downtown, even during the day, and large groups of hip-hop youths seem to come out at night and gather on corners. There is a good police presence, but still....
I'd definitely go back to soak up the history (you definitely want to see the Alamo and do the mission tour) and experience more of River Walk, but I'd stay outside of downtown -- pay less, get more, and put the savings toward a rental car so you can have more independence and see more on your own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio