“Good location on riverwalk.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 352 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good location on riverwalk.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pros: Excellent location, professional and friendly staff, good breakfast buffet, spacious rooms, rooftop pool, decent gym.
Cons: room needed updating and smelled stale, mould in bathroom, no free wifi in room, no mini bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for two nights on a business trip. Location of the hotel is excellent (the SA river literally flows into the hotel, near the Alamo, right in the middle of the action).

I checked in late on a Tuesday night completely exhausted. I didn't realize I was in a handicap room until I got in the shower and the shower nozzle was just above my elbow. They probably should not have put a 6'4'' guy in this room. I had to bend over completely to wash my hair.

I also immediately noticed the noise from the bar. The hotel has an atrium lobby so the noise rises up through the center of the hotel. I was on the first floor of rooms and the noise kept me awake until the bar closed at midnight. Definitely request a room on a higher floor if you want to go to sleep before midnight. People who I think were at a conference were drunk and screaming from 10PM to Midnight. Unacceptable.

I needed to work from the hotel in the mornings before my meetings. The outlet I needed to use next to the desk was very old and had been pushed into the wall rendering it unusable. This is not something I would expect to see in a 4 star hotel. I was forced to work from my bed where I could plug in my computer which was a significant inconvenience.

The hotel room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the room and hotel itself felt dated. Upgrades are definitely needed.

Overall I had an unexpectedly poor experience at the Hyatt. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor to avoid the noise from the bar.
Harrison Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The location is perfect! We stayed in an Executive King. It took a while to check in (they didn't have the correct room booked) but the staff was great and took care of it. The hotel room was average, nice view of the atrium from the little balcony. The room was clean and very dark (good for sleeping). We slept so well, the bed was comfortable. The ipod dock did not work, that was a bummer. I liked the video on demand (had a movie night) and the convenience of checking out in the room. The closet and dresser sizes were nice. The bathroom was not fancy by any means (very basic). Bring a mirror if you want to see the back of your body (e.g. hair or outfit). I know that may sound weird but I had to use my small eye shadow compact to see what was going on w/ the back of my hair. Usually there is an additional mirror in the bathroom. There is just one mirror above the sink in the bathroom and one mirror in the room on the wall by the closet. We never ate at the hotel restaurant so no comments there. We grabbed coffee and some breakfast (bagels and wraps) from Einstein Bagels, in the lobby. The service and coffee/food were great. The hotel lobby bar did not have the best service, not recommended. The Worm, which is on the river walk level is great. I highly recommend going there for some margaritas. I don't think a day or night went by without us stopping there. They don't use sweet and sour mix, it's all fresh! The staff there is great! The valet guys were always very friendly. Again, the location is great. The hotel lobby and grounds were clean. One strange thing I don't understand: they let a bum sleep on a bench inside the hotel overnight (by the elevators on the river walk level). If you find a good deal on this hotel go for it, it's clean and in a great spot. If you're looking for a place w/ more atmosphere and a little more luxury I'd keep looking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My group of 8 stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights over New Years (on the 8th floor). We found the rooms to be really spacious. We had a LOT of luggage with us, so it was nice to actually be able to store our luggage in various spots around the room and still have plenty of free walking space on the floor (the worst thing about travelling for me is having a small hotel room where every inch of the floor is covered in luggage and bags!). Loved the view from the room - I've never had a room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the interior of the hotel. It was really different, but really nice to look out and see from the window the river feature down in the lobby and all that was going on down in the foyer area.

We didn't use the fitness room or the rooftop pool because of the weather, but we took a look at both these facilities and the pool area had really nice views of downtown San Antonio. You can't beat the location of this hotel - right on the Riverwalk in the midst of all the action. Loved it!

The atmosphere at the hotel was great. The Alamobowl was on the day we checked in and the OSU football team was staying in the hotel, so the hotel was buzzing with activity.

I especially want to commend Danny at the concierge desk for his excellent service. I had so many enquiries over the duration of our stay, and he was extremely helpful in accommodating our needs and giving us recommendations and directions to various places. And when we'd come back for the day, he would always check up on us to see how it all went. Danny definitely took our Hyatt experience from an A to an A+.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you read my reviews, I stay in San Antonio a lot. Some on business, some on pleasure. I LOVE this hotel. First, it is beautiful and breathtaking when you walk inside.The Riverwalk is actually routed through the hotel from one side to the other..with falls and it is classy and beautiful.. I am sure some of this is the use of pumps but it is beautiful with bridges and pools. Shops are on the bottom floor as well, with access to the Riverwalk. The elevators all give you views of this when you go up to you room on the upper floors. There are many really nice restaurants within a block including Landry's Seafood, Rainforest Cafe, Salt Grass SteakHouse, Zuni Grill Joe's Crab Shack and Michelino's. Nice bars like the Mad Dogs British Pub, Dirty nelly's is near.. But there is this Sports bar next door named the "Ticket Sports Pub" Dirty place and rude, rude people inside.. especially at the door. They do not appreciate you coming in as much as other places and the atmosphere at other places are far better to have to deal with rude people that do not appreciate you business. The Hyatt has so many nice and polite people working there from the front desk, the managers all the way to the bellman. I did not have money for a tip for my bags.. I felt bad.. and they make you feel like it happens all the time and they did not care! I still felt bad and found him later.. The Alamo and Rivercenter Mall is 2 blocks away. With the location, nice beds, good service and wonderful people.. This is one of the best stays in San Antonio. I stay at many...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Perfect location on the Riverwalk. Beautiful lobby and surroundings and fantastically maintained by a very helpful staff. Everything thing you could possibly want for a business conference. Meeting rooms, restroom facilities, good food, and proximity to all the "fun" spots in San Antonio. Hats off to the Hyatt!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent two nights here in a king room. The room was very comfortable and spacious, but no free Wi-Fi in the room. The fitness room is on the 11th floor and is very well equipped. I was traveling on business and got the government rate, so I believe I had a great value. Easy access to the riverwalk was a plus. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is very pricey, but there is also an Einstein Bagels right in the lobby so that provides a lower price option.