“Great location, horrible concierges!” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #39 of 351 hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stavanger
“Great location, horrible concierges!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a wonderful location on the Riverwalk. Very nice bar, room good, easy check-in, etc. However, both of the concierges we had the opportunity to talk with during our stay were both rather surly and not very helpful. Frankly, you can get good information on the Internet, but sometimes a quick answer/opinion from a local human is nice. These folks were not useful at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,030 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Woodway, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute for a stay on Thanksgiving and got a great rate that included breakfast. The location of the hotel can't be beat. The hotel is literally right on the famous Riverwalk. It is also an easy one block walk to the Alamo and all of the touristy places surrounding it. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Self-parking is $25 a night and is located in a garage across the street. The valet for the hotel takes up the first couple floors of the parking garage. If you do self-parking, be prepared to go to the higher floors to find a spot. The pool was located on the roof and was an adequate size for a "city hotel". I put my hand in the water and it was warm and definitely swimmable should I have chosen to do so. They also have a very well-equipped workout facility by the pool if you are so inclined. The view of the city from the rooftop pool area is excellent. A room key is required to use the elevators as well as to enter the pool/workout area.

The only complaint I would have is about the breakfast. The restaurant was supposed to open at 6:30. We arrived at 6:40 and the ropes were still up. The hostess did a little grumbling, then let us in and we were seated. The scrambled eggs were some of the wateriest I have ever had. Kinda ruined anything else on the plate. We quickly ate and asked for the check. We were told It would be taken off our bill as part of the package. The bill was $40 for two. It was definitely not worth it for the breakfast basics they offered, but hey it was included for us, or was supposed to be. Got home and there was the breakfast charge on the credit card. It was resolved with a phone call and
credited quickly.

Other than the hotel restaurant, I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency San Antonio and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We requested a "quiet room" as per choices given on their website. Who doesn't want q...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stafford Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was a vacation to celebrate my husband's birthday. (a big one) He loves history so we went to see the Alamo. The location is excellent, you can exit to the street or directly onto the river walk. Even if you are not a regular walker, everything is so close you can walk to the Alamo, the mall, and many other things easily.Awesome breakfast buffet. The Q restaurant serves all meals and there is a bagel shop in the lobby for light sandwiches or coffees. Did not use the pool, but went on the roof for pictures of the beautiful view. We did not encounter one person that was not friendly and helpful. The only thing I would change is, they do not have free internet in the rooms. Internet is availanle for $10.00 a day, but I chose to go with out it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm usually very upbeat and positive in my opinions. However, I was quite disappointed in the service at the Hyatt Regency Rivewalk. Shame on you- you know you have a captive audience and you take advantage of it! I'm a Gold Passport member, but I'm told that it really doesn't matter- you need to be AT LEAST Platinum to to get any "real perks". So now, I'm not important enough! In Atlanta, even the Hyatt Place gives free Internet! We had asked for a late check in that we were at a seminar. Even though we had requested a late check out, had the privacy sign at the door AND it was ONLY 9:30 AM, for some reason, housekeeping wanted to knock on my door every half hour to see if I was "okay". The night before, we accidentally dropped an open bottle of water on the bed. My husband went down to the front desk. We asked specifically for a fitted sheet and a pad. We were told that housekeeping would have to come up and take care of that. After 45 minutes, I called about the sheet, and no one knew what I was talking about. I ended up with 2 blankets, and 2 flat sheets! Normally, we enjoy the Hyatt and prefer to stay there when we go to travel. Yes, the Riverwalk is pretty, but not $299 pretty. The room is extremely dark and the employees think that they are doing you a favor by acknowledging a guest. I'm not sure that I'll stay at another Hyatt Regency if this is what they consider service!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Killeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent hotel located right on the river walk in the heart of San Antonio overlooking the Alamo. Awesome jacuzzi and pool, friendly stuff. lots of attractions surrounding the hotel, including: Museums, world famous restaurants, and the Alamo. We had a blast.

Room Tip: any room is good you will either see the Alamo or the river you make the choice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you love dark bathrooms with no magnifying mirror or a room with ONLY two plugs available to charge your cell phones and iPADS, then this Hyatt is for you. When I called the Front Desk and asked if they had a power strip we could borrow they said "no". Lobby is gorgeous and stupendous but won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your own power strip and magnifying mirror.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

If we travel back to San Antonio again the future, we will plan to stay there again. We also received an amazing deal. Very satisfied overall with this hotel. One thing I would warn about: we were spontaneous travelers & called to inquire about the hotel when we were about an hour away. The person on the phone assured us there were vacancies. However when we arrived, the hotel staff stated that they were booked. I called the number again & they said they definitely had a vacancy. I asked them to remain on the line & brought my phone to hotel staff. The staff member then said to
Go ahead & book my room with the person on the phone. It was also the Person on the Phone who Offered us the great deal & saved us a lot of money. I will keep this in mind when booking hotels in the future.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hyatt Regency San Antonio? Share your experiences!