We booked this hotel last minute for a stay on Thanksgiving and got a great rate that included breakfast. The location of the hotel can't be beat. The hotel is literally right on the famous Riverwalk. It is also an easy one block walk to the Alamo and all of the touristy places surrounding it. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Self-parking is $25 a night and is located in a garage across the street. The valet for the hotel takes up the first couple floors of the parking garage. If you do self-parking, be prepared to go to the higher floors to find a spot. The pool was located on the roof and was an adequate size for a "city hotel". I put my hand in the water and it was warm and definitely swimmable should I have chosen to do so. They also have a very well-equipped workout facility by the pool if you are so inclined. The view of the city from the rooftop pool area is excellent. A room key is required to use the elevators as well as to enter the pool/workout area.
The only complaint I would have is about the breakfast. The restaurant was supposed to open at 6:30. We arrived at 6:40 and the ropes were still up. The hostess did a little grumbling, then let us in and we were seated. The scrambled eggs were some of the wateriest I have ever had. Kinda ruined anything else on the plate. We quickly ate and asked for the check. We were told It would be taken off our bill as part of the package. The bill was $40 for two. It was definitely not worth it for the breakfast basics they offered, but hey it was included for us, or was supposed to be. Got home and there was the breakfast charge on the credit card. It was resolved with a phone call and
Other than the hotel restaurant, I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency San Antonio and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.