My family(myself, wife, 2 boys 10 - 7) traveled from Chicago and stayed 5 nights at Hyatt Hill Country. It was our first time to Texas and the location of this hotel is great. I wanted a resort and not a downtown hotel and I am glad we picked this hotel. I must warn anyone who stays here, if you dont have kids, you wont be happy. I have stayed at several Disney hotels and i have never seen this many kids in my life. Every couple had at least 2 kids and some families were very large.
The lobby and hallways are bustling with kids especially on the weekend. The pool area looks like a swimin hole and i must say that my kids dont get a kick out of lazy rivers at waterparks, but spent 90% of their pool time in the lazy river having the time of their life. The pool area is a great mix of sun and shade and the temp was 100 each day, but we didnt fry at the pool because there is so many shaded areas.
The location is great. We didnt go to sea world because we have been to them before, but the natural bridge caves were great. The wildlife safari next to the natural bridge was a blast to feed the animals from your car. You are only 20 minutes from san antonio, so we went into town 3 times to shop, eat, riverwalk and visit the alamo.
We ate at the buffet restaurant one time and thought it was pretty awful. Other people mentioned Rudy's in their review. Our ten year old wanted to go there but we were a bit apprehensive because Rudy's is connected to a gas station. I must say that it is the best bbq i have ever had in my life and we ended up eating there 2 times during our trip.
The staff at the hotel was friendly and i must say the whole ---- state seems to be friendly!!
Stay at this hotel but i would not recommend the concierge level of the hotel because it doesnt offer you anything that you dont get on the other floors of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 300 wooded acres, only 20-minutes from downtown San Antonio, this 500-room resort features 27-holes of championship golf, tennis, five themed restaurants, fitness center, four swimming pools, Windflower-The Hill Country Spa,950-foot Ramblin' River and Camp Hyatt children's program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country