The second we checked into the Hyatt Hill Country, my wife and I knew we were going to have problems.
We visited the resort on our honeymoon and based on the website it looked like a decent place. It has a nice spa and pool etc and so we thought we would spend a few days here for some R&R.
On our arrival though, we were offered a ground floor room next to the children's play area or a room overlooking the pool area. I asked if they were the only rooms and the answer was a very unfriendly "yes". Suffice to say, or room was noisy. Kids were allowed to run riot around the complex, screaming and crashing around until at least 1am. The pool was in constant use throughout the night with ball games being played and constant shouting going on.
Now I'm only 32 and I enjoy a good time but this took the biscuit. The hotel should have control of this but they couldn't care less about what guests do there.
We visited the spa which, to be fair, was amazing. We had loads of treatments and they were all professionally done and we came out refreshed. However on our return to our bedroom at 3pm, our room still hadn't been cleaned or turned down. We were in the room for an hour and a note was shoved under our door saying that they couldn't clean our room because we were in it. That's fine because they said to just call the front desk and they will clean it later on. So we did. On our return at midnight our room still hadn't been cleaned. The front desk said it couldn't have been cleaned as we had the do not disturb sign out. An absolute lie am afraid. The lady who eventually came to give us fresh towels said that the cleaners never come back and often make excuses. Great.
So overall despite paying the huge price tag for the rooms and dropping $800 at the spa the service was poor, the attitude of the staff wasn't great and the noise was ridiculous. The only plus point was a complementary bottle of fizz waiting in our room on the second day as it was our honeymoon.
If you have a family with small children then this may suit you. However there is still going to be escape from the noise or service. I'm sure your children will be better behaved and not crash around at 1am. This hotel is not the place to go for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Revel in the experience of true Texan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. This charming San Antonio luxury hotel indulges every sense with outstanding amenities for relaxing, playing, meeting, dining and enjoying the beautiful Texas Hill Country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country